caught speeding

nope he said nothing he basically moaned about plates said i was speeding sat in the car had a look around my car gave out about plates then gave me back my license he hopped in his car and drove off didnt say a word to me thats why im baffled very strange thats all

Got pulled on the blesso road doing way way over the speed limit when the copper came to the window he was foaming at the mouth going mad saying all sorts of stuff after about 15 mins of a rant he calmed down I then asked him to show me the receipt to show me the last time the speed gun was calibrated ........silence then he told me to fu*k off and get out of here nothing ever came of it ????
Just keep it in the back of your mind the next time your stopped

Anpr cameras on the back of squad cars don't recognise speed. Number plate recognition for tax, NCT and insurance purposes.

Yup I know that rob they are up front too just saying they have them too(along side the reqular camera) that's mostly how they zone in on cretin cars no tax nct and recently linked into system that tells if cars is insured or not so they know all before looking at your disks

as far as I am aware, traffic corps do not require neither gun, neither second cop in their car to witness it. At court, Cops word is taken heavier than yours. If that happened to me, I would try to pay at the spot, because court will be expensive, and from traffic corps, there is no escape.

It's hard to know how any these situations will ever turn out. A lot has to do with the cop that pulled you and the judge in court, if it goes that far.
Inappropriate speed for the prevailing snowy, ice or wet conditions can earn you a dangerous driving charge before the courts, which can mean an instant ban off the road.
If you weren't cautioned under section 'so and so' of the road traffic act, there is a good chance of getting away with it.
A neighbour cop told my dad to warn me Subarus with tinted windows and loud exhausts are on the pullover list for a shakedown at every oppurtunity. My car had factory tinted windows (irremovable) and a sporty but legal exhaust at the time. I used to love passing his house at 6am every morning giving it welly.
Rules for any garda interaction. 1. Be Polite, remain calm
2. ADMIT NOTHING
3. Question everything
4. Try to find flaws in their argument.
5. Record the interaction.
I always have a dashcam recording video and sound. When cops see one they are more professional and tend to wave you on fast in case they get caught out.
Real example: Garda "I had to do 70mph to catch you". Me "Of course you did officer". "If you were doing the same speed as me, then you would be a long time catching me, wouldn't you?" I also questioned the MPH part of his statement as we now use KPH. I was met with a stony silence before telling me to carry on. ( I was doing 100kph at the time).

Back