caught speeding

stel94

Petrolheads
curious question was caught speeding by traffic cops/ garda what happened was he gave out and sat in his patrol car with my license for about 5-10mins then gave me my license and gave out more and then he drove off .
He said i was doing 97 in a 60 but didnt show me a speed gun or anything, so do i get a fine out in the post i'm abit baffled ??

Don't be at all suprised if you get a Court summons for 97 in a 60 happened to me before

the fact he sat with licence for that long id guess he was entering you on to a system
not 100% sure but i would guess so
traffic core are fairly bye the book in my experience

[quote author=stel94 link=topic=43820.msg505050#msg505050 date=1422560134]
curious question was caught speeding by traffic cops/ garda what happened was he gave out and sat in his patrol car with my license for about 5-10mins then gave me my license and gave out more and then he drove off .
He said i was doing 97 in a 60 but didnt show me a speed gun or anything, so do i get a fine out in the post i'm abit baffled ??
[/quote]
Your done done son...that's mental speed...keep an eye on the post

he said 97 but no proof to me and i was only in going into 3rd gear i wasnt hammering along just passing slow drivers people see abit of snow and decide to drive half the limit

if you were doing 97 in a 60 today when snowing, dont mean to sound bad but you deserve it to be honest! do you think you're invincible in your subaru with 4wd on summer tyres, stopping distance is still the same for you in that weather! you usually on get proof when its a speed van, they send you a letter with a pic of your reg

[quote author=stel94 link=topic=43820.msg505057#msg505057 date=1422561772]
he said 97 but no proof to me and i was only in going into 3rd gear i wasnt hammering along just passing slow drivers people see abit of snow and decide to drive half the limit
[/quote]
Snowing aswell? have a few prayers you don't end up with a court appearance lad.

I have a bit of experience with this. In relation to showing you the gun there is no legal obligation to show it. Some do, some don't.... If it goes to court he gives sworn evidence that he detected you at that speed and that's it. Have no doubt he was issuing a fine and it will be arriving shorty in the post.

the thing is i dont think i was doing that i over took a few car then 10 seconds later no more than that he was behind me and i dont think im invisible regardless what car im in. if i new i was doing 97 and was pulled over i would of never posted it up i was wondering how he new i was doing that if i got no proof and i think i would notice going that fast in 6 oclock traffic on the navan road id say i was a tad over 60 ish max

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=43820.msg505065#msg505065 date=1422563823]
so pay the fine take the points and move on all going well :thumbsup:
[/quote]

if a fine arrive ill just pay it to save the hassle ive no prob just curious what would happen as i wasnt shown a speed gun or anything thats all

i know what your saying
i get it
been there myself
no way off telling in my view
depends on the fella himself
hopefully just fine and points
he was in the car entering your details anyway
he wouldnt be doing that if he didnt have ya :thumbsup:

Traffic Corp will tell you if they're cautioning you after a bollocking. If you get a fine you're blessed. Rule of thumb is +50% of speed limit is considered careless/driving without due care and attention.

Yup all traffic core have on board advanced number plate reconation cameras anpr on board but they don't have to show you anything hopefully Ull get away with just 2 points and a fine man only time will tell

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6™ link=topic=43820.msg505071#msg505071 date=1422565225]
Do traffic corp cars not have built in cameras with some sort of speed detection equipment..?
[/quote]

Some of them do ya. But not all...

It Happened to me many moons ago, l was speeding on M8
and l got cought. The cop came to me, he called me murderer and told me
I was doing 180. I told him l want to see the reading as l was
driving an old wrecked vectra and 180 was a good wish. When he show it to me
it was 160 (which would be right). He wrote down my details and let me go.
In a few weeks l got 2x80€/4 points fines one for speeding and
one for "driving without consideration".

cool he was moaning about my plates saying there illegal and im bound to be pulled driving a car like this anyway cheers for replys was just curious what happens or was that just it but thanks lads :thumbsup:

do you have to produce tax ,insurance ,nct ,plates anything within 10 days at a station or anything at all ?

Back