Car wont start

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=32812.msg376822#msg376822 date=1326729662]
try changing crankshaft sensor....
sounds exactly like a problem i hac with a merc few months ago!!
:thumbsup:
[/quote]

Had simular problems with the girlfriends car , recon starter motor and new crank sensor and its 100% now ,

Thanks lads the crank sensor has been at the back of my mind got that code bout 2 months ago :thumbsup:

well bill, i think its the alarm, you say when you turn it upside down or on its side it acts up..

well the alarm on those has a leveling thing inside so if the car get jacked up like to be towed away the alarm see's this and lets the thing go mad.

now the next thing is you say you where on the track? if so no dout you would of be going hell for on the bends and this would upset the bubble or if the box had slide out/away from the area that it was in in the first place been now that the bubble isnt sitting right and therefore alarm thinks its been towed.

happened on an evo i know.

if it is that which im sure it may be id check the connections on things like the pump,coils, etc.

i have a fiesta rs turbo drag car that ive built and i had a problem with that too, ended up to be a loose/faulty relay so the coil wasnt geting told when to fire thus not starting.

if the car turns over well its hardly the altor/battery/bad earth.

Gona have a look at the car in the morning havnt touched it since the last post above
Gona clean the maf and change the fuel filter and see if this sorts my problem
Can i use the maf cleaner from halfords?any recommendations?
Are the subaru fuel filters different and would i get 1 there also?
A place told me to use carb cleaner but walked away as i wasnt sure

Cheers

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=32812.msg379704#msg379704 date=1328315076]
neither of above will stop the car starting mate....
check for spark...
[/quote]

That was gona be my next thing to check and crank sensor(checking cheapest way first)
Dont know if it will be spark as the car will randomly start and drive for maybe a day or an hour
Could be sitting at the lights and it would just die no flutter on the revs or anything then wont start
All started after switching to a cosworth filter from a k&n car sort of spluttered twice in a half hour
Drive after fitting parked for an hour then wouldnt start.
After it dies id start it and it would idil at around 100 revs very rough then cut out after few seconds.

Cheers

Hi Billy, sorry to point you in yet another direction,but you say
Quote: 'i can here the solenoid clicking like mad'

Sounds like it is still in fault reading mode. Are the connectors under the dash still plugged together?

Could you have crap/water in your tank from a bad fill or sludge build up in the tank?

thats where id be starting billy
its all connected with that alarm in my opinion
rip all 3 alarms out :comp26: :comp26: :comp26:
start from there :thumbsup:
[quote author=danoc959 link=topic=32812.msg377314#msg377314 date=1326978531]
well bill, i think its the alarm, you say when you turn it upside down or on its side it acts up..

well the alarm on those has a leveling thing inside so if the car get jacked up like to be towed away the alarm see's this and lets the thing go mad.

now the next thing is you say you where on the track? if so no dout you would of be going hell for on the bends and this would upset the bubble or if the box had slide out/away from the area that it was in in the first place been now that the bubble isnt sitting right and therefore alarm thinks its been towed.

happened on an evo i know.

if it is that which im sure it may be id check the connections on things like the pump,coils, etc.

i have a fiesta rs turbo drag car that ive built and i had a problem with that too, ended up to be a loose/faulty relay so the coil wasnt geting told when to fire thus not starting.

if the car turns over well its hardly the altor/battery/bad earth.
[/quote]

Removed cover in boot and no sound outa the fuel pump so looks like i found my problem
Should be back on the road next few days once get a replacement.
Thanks for dropping over colm :thumbsup:

Cheers Robbie i have one sorted with barru breakers gona take it out tommorrow and send him a pic
So he can make sure he has the right one :thumbsup:

[quote author=danoc959 link=topic=32812.msg380098#msg380098 date=1328553133]
Can't send pm's yet!

What day you want to use it? Work till 5 most mon-fri..
[/quote]

Thanks very much fair play to you letting me test my pump in your motor
I can drop over wednesday evening if that suits?
Thats my early day in work
Thanks again :thumbsup:

Back