car history check

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
whats the best site to use for checking car history lads have 2 cars that i need checked out :thumbsup:

I used Cartell a few times, but twice I've had issues with it.. I bought an m3 off a chap that was a fianancr repo, he had bought it from a dealer and finance was cleared, yet 2 years later it came up on Cartell as finance outstanding, I rang them and queried it and the contacted the bank, and then updated there system... I could have not bought a perfectly good car over it...

2nd time, I could have missed a perfectly good car again, the mileage was showing up as being wrong, can't remember exact figures but it was something like say 70k miles, then 80k miles then 60k miles about a year privious??? But on the clock I was reading 110k miles???? I said no way was 50k put on the car in a year ....
Know what it was? Some gobshite seen 100k on the clock and assumed it was Kilometers when it was miles and that's where the red flagged 60k miles came out of..... Hope that makes sense..

I'm not saying ignore the report, but just be open minded,

Not a hope lol.. After i got the finance thing all cleared up I rang back 6 months later to check was it now showing as finance clear on the system, they wouldn't tell me without paying for another full check ffs

joe thr only way you could get it free is if you knee someone in a garage that uses it and would check the reg for you another one is mywheels.ie but i presume they all use the same info

Cartell seems to be the best... found the reports more comprehensive than mywheels or motorcheck.

If you have a few you want to check Joe you can get a package and works out a good bit cheaper than buying individual checks.
Also cars over a certain age are cheaper too.

As per Ken's posts, you still need to realise that their info could be wrong / out of date, so only an indication and not the be all and end all... however a good start when evaluating a motor.

:thumbsup: cheers got a full cartell report 35 euros . there not great to be honest i knew it was a uk car before but no milage recorded or anything like that and the irish info didnt give much either only when it was sold and bought again . going looking at it tomorrow for the brother . anyone know anything about mark mcavoy motors bluebell ind estate

As Charles was saying there you can buy a multiple checker, as far as I can mind it for a limited time, if you don't check the complete multiple within 14 days or something like that you lose the remainder. If that makes sense

Back