Car going from Ireland to UK, whats needed?

BazGF8

OG Wagan
ISDC Club Member
If a Uk Buyer is buying a car here with No Tax or NCT, if he has Insurance would he be hassled at Dublin port for having no tax/nct ?
Or realistically would it have to be trailered?

[quote author=SCOOBYCOLM link=topic=42195.msg483294#msg483294 date=1404908520]
i think he would be fine
pm ciaranwrx :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Buyer is on about taxing and Nct'ing the car for the 10min drive to port which I'm reluctant to do unless he pays for this to be done

Just get two receipts signed by both of you.
Time/date etc.

Let him on.
Cops won't want the hassle if it's going abroad.

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=42195.msg483298#msg483298 date=1404909382]
Just get two receipts signed by both of you.
Time/date etc.

Let him on.
Cops won't want the hassle if it's going abroad.
[/quote]

Grand and what about the logbook, do I give that to the buyer or same procedure as a normal sale?

if you are buying a car in the UK to bring back here the buyer keeps the log book i assume its the same thing in reverse.
i cant see shannon posting the log book to the UK

copy and pasted
When selling a car registered in the Republic of Ireland - outside the state, the Vehicle Registration Certificate should be given to the new owner. They will need this document to register the car in their own country. When the car is re registered, the authorities in that country will inform the Department of Transport in Ireland and the vehicle will be recorded as 'exported' on the National Computer database.

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=42195.msg483416#msg483416 date=1404983779]
Wont get hassle in at thr port.
[/quote]

Grand

Barry I would get a photo copy of the tax book, have your man fill out all his details on it too. Make out a receipt for sale on the back including date and time. Just incase he goes through a hundred red lights, clips a car or worse. Car will still be registered to you so you would want to cover your arse incase any bad sh*t happens

Back