Cad

I do a bit of CAD work Garreth... Haven't used autocad in a while but use one specific to the industry that i work in that's similar enough... what do you need?

Hi Jamie

I was just trying to find a programme that gives a printoff of a finished kitchen, bathroom renovations and extensions etc?.. I have autocad but it only gives a floor plan (great floor plans at that) but id like a 'finished picture' 2D or 3D . I use dialux and relux but they are really only lighting programmes with limited symbols!...any experiance with this sort of stuff mate?

Cheers
Garreth.

[quote author=garrethk link=topic=32827.msg376050#msg376050 date=1326322345]
Anto j are you autocad familier mate ?
[/quote]

2d only man, your last post went a mile over my head. Sorry.

I use ProE (3D) in work with a bit of Autocad (2D) thrown in. For what you're suggesting though, I think a lot of kitchen places have a specific programme where they can just input the dimensions and finish you want so you can see it in 3D.

It could be done in 3D alright but if it was very detailed drawings you were after, then it could take a while and you still wouldn't have the right finish on the presses, etc so might be a wasted effort. Are you after something very detailed or just something to give you an idea of the shape of the kitchen, floor space, etc?

Hi Robbie

Just a general picture of what a finished room would look like i.e toilet bowls, sinks, e.t.c. What is proE, (excuse the ignorance mate!)...never heard of it ?

Garreth.

Hey Garreth...

Sorry for only getting back to you now. The CAD I currently use is design specific to point of sale display units. The 3D aspect of it is not reallly suitable for what your trying to achieve and as Robbie said might require a specific programme for kitchen design. Any AutoCAD experience I have was mainly 2D but I've done a bit of Rhine, 3D studio too but I haven't gotten the software installed at the mo due to issues with a graphics card. I'm not going to probably be much use to you.... but will see if I can contact an old mate/colleague who I think is working for a kitchen design company,

Jamie.

[quote author=garrethk link=topic=32827.msg376060#msg376060 date=1326325303]
Hi Robbie

Just a general picture of what a finished room would look like i.e toilet bowls, sinks, e.t.c. What is proE, (excuse the ignorance mate!)...never heard of it ?

Garreth.
[/quote]

ProE is just the name of a program. Its a 3D modelling software :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=32827.msg376092#msg376092 date=1326358086]
Hey Garreth...

Sorry for only getting back to you now. The CAD I currently use is design specific to point of sale display units. The 3D aspect of it is not reallly suitable for what your trying to achieve and as Robbie said might require a specific programme for kitchen design. Any AutoCAD experience I have was mainly 2D but I've done a bit of Rhine, 3D studio too but I haven't gotten the software installed at the mo due to issues with a graphics card. I'm not going to probably be much use to you.... but will see if I can contact an old mate/colleague who I think is working for a kitchen design company,

Jamie.
[/quote]

Hi Jamie
Sorry only getting back to you now, iv got atricad :smile: gonna give it a shot and il let you know how i get on mate thanks anyways for all your help :thumbsup:

[/quote][quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32827.msg376216#msg376216 date=1326407611]
[quote author=garrethk link=topic=32827.msg376060#msg376060 date=1326325303]
Hi Robbie

Garreth.
[/quote]

ProE is just the name of a program. Its a 3D modelling software :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks robbie il check it out

Back