Buying a Brz

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a brz but i am not sure what would be the best value. Does anyone has experience importing one from Japan or Uk? Is the vrt bad on them? I am looking for a 2013+ one that is manual

I'm not sure on Brz, but on the gt86 back in Feb 2023 it was €8023 to vrt a 2012 jap import and the UK models where between €1306-€2675.

Screenshot_20230717_222444_Facebook.jpg

oh cool thanks! I'll see if I can get a quote from a dealer that does those imports and get a price estimate
The only real way of getting a proper quote is to produce the car for vrt.
Some dealers lie through there teeth about vrt and tax on certain models just to get a sale. Be careful and good luck with your search.

Have you priced them here in Ireland to avoid vat, duty and vrt costs

That's true. I seen a good few people get screwed by vrt. Thanks!

I looked in Ireland but they are all 25k plus sadly. I would go for a gt86 but i do love the Subaru badge haha. The brz in England are pretty reasonable priced but i guess it all depends on the vrt

If i find one and go through the whole process i'll update here as well

That's true. I seen a good few people get screwed by vrt. Thanks!

I looked in Ireland but they are all 25k plus sadly. I would go for a gt86 but i do love the Subaru badge haha. The brz in England are pretty reasonable priced but i guess it all depends on the vrt

If i find one and go through the whole process i'll update here as well
Just remember with uk cars you will have duty 10% and vat 23% on top of car and transport.

So a £12,000 car ,(€13,900) works out at roughly €19,480 and then you have vrt on top of that.

Not trying to scare you off uk cars,just giving you an idea of the costs involved.

Did I hear a thing somewhere..about if you buy a car from a dealer..and produce the invoice, you pay less VRT or something? Something along those lines..can't really remember now.

Back