Bushing kits..

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
So, over next few months, will try and replace all the rest of the bushes under the car, had a good few done in last few weeks, but might change them all. Question is, are poly bushes very stiff...I don't want a bouncy car tbh.
I see powerflex (I think) do purple and a black set, black being more road use.
Or do ye recommend just sticking with OEM?
Anyone here have experience of both?
One thing about the poly is life span I guess. Never be changed again like.
What's everyone's thoughts

So, over next few months, will try and replace all the rest of the bushes under the car, had a good few done in last few weeks, but might change them all. Question is, are poly bushes very stiff...I don't want a bouncy car tbh.
I see powerflex (I think) do purple and a black set, black being more road use.
Or do ye recommend just sticking with OEM?
Anyone here have experience of both?
One thing about the poly is life span I guess. Never be changed again like.
What's everyone's thoughts
I wouldn't think polybushed are any more stiffer than ati bushes. The white classic I had was fully polybushed with bc coils.
Yea it was stiffer but no more than standard I thought it's personal preference you could get a polybush kit prob cheaper than one full set but I could be wrong on that.
The biggest reason I did it in the classic was to imp make it handle a bit better.

You could....poly is cheaper for the whole lot. About 350 euro.
What did you use Gordon?

I found that poly bushes or group n Sti bushes everywhere made the car a bit harsh , as a result I didn’t want to use it as much , so I removed the front (out rigger) and rear diff mount (rear sub frame) ones and put standard factory ones also rear trailing arm front and rear bushes back to factory. So in my opinion a mix of parts to sharpen it up but choose wisely

Iv used strong flex polyubushing kit and they were a huge improvement over the standard old bushings price around 430 euros for them v 700-800 for genuine bushings last time I checked .

Attachments

• F1FE2029-D74B-4D91-BE14-DC15F0EBEE9D.jpeg
    F1FE2029-D74B-4D91-BE14-DC15F0EBEE9D.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
  • 1D0ECD03-BD44-4078-A060-6FC19D123590.jpeg
    1D0ECD03-BD44-4078-A060-6FC19D123590.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
I found that poly bushes or group n Sti bushes everywhere made the car a bit harsh , as a result I didn’t want to use it as much , so I removed the front (out rigger) and rear diff mount (rear sub frame) ones and put standard factory ones also rear trailing arm front and rear bushes back to factory. So in my opinion a mix of parts to sharpen it up but choose wisely
Could be on to something alright there. Deffo don't want it harsh man

You could....poly is cheaper for the whole lot. About 350 euro.
What did you use Gordon?
I used energy an American brand but proflex,strong flex as Joe said powerflex etc all do the same job as very little difference between them. I didn't find it any harsher to drive cos of the BC it was stuff enough . But maybe it just didn't bother me whereas might others.

Back