Bugs & Blobs

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34228.msg396772#msg396772 date=1338590930]
Is that not more true for new policies? Like you've paid for them to cover you for a period of 12 months, there's nothing in your policy to stop you or warn you against buying another car and transferring your insurance over so I would fight them on it all day long as you've bought the car already and have no means of transport without it and have no time to sell it to get a new car without losing thousands..
[/quote]

[quote author=GORDON GT SERIES II link=topic=34228.msg396783#msg396783 date=1338593498]
@ bonito that has been in for years regarding insurance companies as you 3 other companies must refuse you then you can go back to your original company in which case they have to quote you,the only problem with that is they might give you and extortionate quote,which you may very well end up referring to the regulatory authorities
they have to quote you regardless it happened me on my first impreza with quinn at the time i was 25 with a provisional i told them the car was bought and waiting on their go ahead to drive the car home,also a mate of mine done this just last week told them the car was bought and they said no problem your insurance will go up x amount
they only say they won't cover you as they don't want to insure sports cars,i don't understand the problem with insurance if you're currently driving a integra i would have thought the insurance groups would be around the same
[/quote]

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=34228.msg396785#msg396785 date=1338593853]
Agree with above, dont ring up asking for quotes, ring up saying car is outside (paid for) and you want to transfer onto it. (after you have viewed the car and decided to buy!)
[/quote]

I'd love to do the above but not sure whether to take that risk. I could end up paying a fortune. When I tried that with Axa they flat out wouldn't quote me, and this was on a miserable mazda 626. I ended up contacting the IIF and because all of the other insurers I contacted would quote me, Axa didn't have to. So in turn I was half way through a years policy and because I didn't get to finish the years policy I lost a years NCB more or less. I got a refund alright but wasn't good enough IMO.

When I cancelled the policy with Axa I went with Quinn and when they changed to Liberty I switched over to the Honda by way of above, said fu*k it and just told them the car was bought and they put me on hold and then came back to say it'd only be an extra €100 for the remainder of the year. I may or may not be so lucky with an Impreza, there's only one way to find out.

Do it the night before you collect and pay for the car. Tell them that the car is outside and you want the insurance changed for 12pm the next day. That way they should cover you but if they fight you as hard as axa, then you just call off the deal.

@ bonito if you're currently driving a dc5 transferring onto an impreza shouldn't be a major problem,my mate went from a 02 diesel toledo to a 03 type uk sti at only 25 i think and they only looked for 560 euroand he's with liberty like yourself so you mightn'y be too bad as i said just ring them and say you've the car bought :thumbsup:

Fngers crossed. Should be fine changing from a Jap DC5 to an Irish or UK STI.

i know of a black uk spec bug sti , low mileage, standard and cheap as it needs a clutch and timing belt, well looked after other wise by a lad into subarus and not his first one, its in storage on the north side of dublin if your interested.

[quote author=Bonito link=topic=34228.msg401787#msg401787 date=1341936571]
Just waiting on the DC5 to shift Duffman....
[/quote]

no worries

Been a long long time but finally in a position to buy something now. I'd love a Blue JDM Blob but most likely out of budget. I would have loved Scooby555's Black TypeUK with PPP.

Anyone know of anything or maybe I can entice someone to sell?

Depends on the car really. I've 6.5k but if I don't need to spend it all I wont. if ya get me. I could probably put a bit more to it if something special popped up!

id say you would be more likely to get a good bug sti for that man be very hard to find an sti blob for that budget that was any good imo

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=34228.msg453908#msg453908 date=1385456739]
prodrive bug for sale on here maybe ?????
[/quote]

Looks like the best option so far.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=34228.msg453937#msg453937 date=1385480544]
You selling up ross
[/quote]

Think he's talking about Brads.

Back