Bugeye JDM WRX Power upgrades

McCord

Hi Folks. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.
According to some online forums and a sales brochure I have , the JDM makes 250bhp compared to 218bhp for Irish/UK models. The engine has AVCS on the Intake Cams and bigger ports.

Mine has an RCM cold air intake
3in from Turbo back
A bigger up pipe
I've fitted a Walbro 154 Fuel pump
A set of high Temperature/performance plugs

So I recon I'm close to 260/265 ish

Im thinking next Step is upgrade the injectors.

I don't want to go fitting a front mount or replacing the Turbo. I want it to look fairly stock under the bonnet.

Any information on this would be great and is there anyone in the south east doing good quality mapping to possibly increase power but keep her reliable.

I'm sorry if this type of question has been asked a million times here before.

Regards Nigel

Hi Nigel

Sounds like a nice motor stick up a pic what part of the country you in lots going on if you wanted to go to a full member club meet ect..

Jdm wrx would be bout 250 when new yea however thats on 99 Ron fuel not the coal we have here (suppose to be 95 closer to 91/92 ron)..so will make a bit less as ecu will pull timing as detects knock from worse quality fuel.

So really does depend has the car been mapped for our fuel ?..if has then good if not then I'd make that a priority as cars used to 99 Ron don't like our fuel so for safety alone worth doing if not or your unsure👍

On a side note car/ecu won't make use (efficient use) of any mods power wise unless mapper tunes for them also.

Fuel pump you fitted prob a 255 thats the normal 👍

If car is healthy serviced and running right a trip to Ap performance be good idea.

I'm in Carlow. She was supposed to be Mapped when imported for the Irish Fuel.
Yes that's the plan with the mods fitted the Tuner should be able to tweek it accordingly.
Fuel pump alone made a huge difference.
I plan on becoming a member soon, just so many out goings this month unfortunately.

Yes I heard AP seems to be the go to guy..

Regards Nigel

Being honest dude...I wouldn't fit ANY parts to the car without them being remapped...especially stuff messing with fuel delivery and all, hopefully the fuel pump you put in is the same as what its mapped for...and deffo don't change injectors without a map.
Even spark plugs, make sure your using plugs that the cars been mapped for with the same plug gap etc.
Your best bet I think, is get all the parts, store them, book an appointment with AP, and a day or two before mapping, fit everything

I learned this lesson years ago.. changing bits and bobs...eventually engine gave up and sold the car for fu*k all.

But yeah...AP deffo the man to go to. No experience with any one else...but have no issue with the car since he mapped it

Welcome along man, and as said, consider joining as a member and put names to faces at events 😀

Back