Brembo brakes for sale (maybe)

F

forester sti

I'm looking to upgrade the brakes on the forester to 6 pots! type ra-r style or porsche cayenne turbo's
Would any body be interested in mine when I get sorted with my new ones!
they are in great condition except the stickers are "slightly" discoloured from heat!
Dan

I don't know how much? I suppose what ever they go for less €50 or something! roughly what are they worth? bearing in mind that they aren't even a year old yet!
I haven't desided what brakes to go for myself!
I defo want 6 pots! And if I end up getting red ones than I'll have to get red rear ones aswell (off an evo maybe) :dunno:
I know AP's are probibly the best but I think the porsche ones look cool! (plus the type 25 has them) and they are still brembos
But I'm trying to find out if they'll fit under my 18'' wheels! with a 360mm AP discs!
Dan

porsche would be my choice dan (do they not make their own) :ponder:

plus ya will need a reinforced windscreen if ya put the cayenne set-up on :lol:

wont be cheap but imo an ultimate mod

:subaru: :thumbsup:

Porsche cayenne turbo calipers are defo made by brembo! I'm just not sure if they'll fit under my wheels!
I agree they would be savage, I'd try to get a smooth disc for them because the drilled and/or grooved disc eat pads and I just need a little bit more from my brakes than the 4 pots can offer!
Dan! (plus porsche brakes would be so cool! :D)

i'd be interested in them dan i presume they will fit my impreza  :dunno: see how much they are worth and let me know how much you want and i'll see if i want to spend that much as i don't have a clue how much they are worth yet  :thumbsup:

As far as i know the fronts are a straight bolt on! :dunno:
But the rears are a bit more awkward! I'm sure some one here has done it before!
I'll try find out how much mine are worth, If any body know's please let me know!
There is a 2nd hand jap parts place the the uk selling the whole lot front and rear, discs and calipers for £800 stg!
Dan

Paid about 500 stg just for the front from that place jap parts in the uk was another 300 for the back
Broke the fooking postmans back trying to deliver them :lol:

I just have to make up my mind now (which kit) and bite the bullet!
Dan

:dance: :dance: :dance:Type 25 porsche 6 pots and Ap racing 360mm discs on the way! :dance: :dance: :dance:
So I'm looking for €700 for my front 330mm discs and gold 4 pot brembo's with a set of standard pads (part worn) and a set of mintex racing pads (part worn)!
Any takers??
Dan

Hi Dan,

You probably have them up somewhere here but I can't see it... so any pics of your new calipers on the Forrester??? Would like to see them.

And how much did they set you back? I've been on Litchfeild recently but I couldn't find any info on the Porsche 6 pots, they are obviously savage and a treat to have :thumbsup:

New brakes are savage!!!! I need braided hoses though, I thought they came in the kit but when davelegacy's "STI tuning" mechanic went to fit them for me there was no lines! :cry:
Dave has some on the way now so I'll have them shortly!  :dance:
They cost £1635stg + vat@17.5% (€2930) :doh: I was saving to do up the skyline but I parked beside an Audi RS4 in dublin about 3 weeks ago and I felt quite content that I had a comparable car untill I noticed his brakes (huge lambo style jobbies under 19'' wheels) and that put me in my place!
So I splashed out! The skyline can wait till next year :lol:
The porsche brakes are in the optional extra page of type-25.co.uk The skyline can wait till next year  :lol:
Here's some pics Old vs New
More in "my car blog" section!

Here's the Brembo's that I'm selling!
There is loads of meat left on the mintex racing pads! And plenty left on the standard pads!
Please PM with sensible offers! Any body that's interested, thanx lads
Dan

There savage Dan, thanks for posting the pics. :clap: :clap:

The 6 pots look monster in the wheels, the brembos look tiny in the comparison pictures :eek:mg: and they must have huge stopping power!!!

Cheers for the directions around Litchfield too

Fook the skyline, you just need to keep pumping your money and energy into that Forester, you've turned into one serious machine :clap: :clap:

Have you considered the Cosworth Short Block for that little bit extra?? £3k exVAT brand spanking new!! Should be good for 4-450 :thumbsup:

Just throwing ideas out there, you know you can;t resist!! :lol:

Any takers for €650?
I need to off set the price of the porsche brakes!
Dan

Back