breen gets wrc fiesta drive !!!!

wagon dec

Member Number 257
140103_cb.jpg

Irishman Craig Breen will make his world rally car debut in a Ford Fiesta WRC at Rally Sweden (5th-8th February).
The 2012 SWRC World Champion will be co-driven by Scott Martin, who partnered Citroen Abu Dhabi driver Khalid Al Qassimi in 2013.

Breen, 23, joined Peugeot’s European Rally Championship squad after winning the SWRC, and is aiming to win the ERC title this year with Peugeot’s all-new 208 T16.

But with two months to go until the car will be homologated, Peugeot gave its permission for Craig to make his world rally car debut next month in a Ford.

“We are purely focused on the ERC this year, and the much anticipated debut of the 208 T16 in March. However, it goes without saying that a chance to drive in the WRC is something that we couldn't turn down,” said Breen.

“This opportunity is something that I have dreamed of obtaining since I was a young boy, so to finally have my chance is something I am really excited about.”

It wil be great to see how the fight goes between the two Irish lads, breen and barrable

Back