Brake upgrades for 1.6 06 Hawk eye

Kerrysubaru

Hi there

Just trying to find out will front calipers and discs and back discs and calipers from a 06 2.0 RX fit straight onto my 06 1.6 xi Hawk Eye?

Thanks in advance

Personally, I'd say going down the STI Brembo route would be a bit heavy hitting.
If you were to get discs and calipers from a Newage WRX I think it be plenty, 4 pot up front and 2 pot rears, and have the stamped Subaru lettering on them too, nice touch.
Best to revamp the calipers with new seals and pistons too before they go in, they're plenty good in a WRX so they'll be a nice upgrade for you too man

Should be plenty of wrx brake kits knocking around as the for decent money seen a few set on fb or can be got new upgrade rsr do them I think. Brembos be over kill and not worth the hassle as you will probably need bigger wheels which will stick out past your front wings and fail on nct I'd say olly mcarron would have stuff as well.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank You

Thanks lads will look into WRX upgrade but I have a set from A 2.0 RX non turbo Hawk eye lined up re-furbed already will these fit on without bigger rims as im running 16s

Hi there

Just trying to find out will front calipers and discs and back discs and calipers from a 06 2.0 RX fit straight onto my 06 1.6 xi Hawk Eye?

Thanks in advance

You should be fine in the front. I would be unsure with the back. Unfortunately mods like this is trial & error.

Thank You

Are the 2.0RX the same as Newage WRX calipers?

Not sure as im trying to source rear hubs at the mo think there are not.
Think everything wrx up to 06/07 will fit my hawk eye but not sure after that but will do a bit of mix and match and see how I get on :).

I have sourced a 2.5 wrx 07 with a very sick bottom end was thinking of murdering it for its bits interior and all but not sure what to do as ill prob get kicked off here for doing such a thing lol :):)I have the RX bits sourced bar the rear hub and hand brake cable ect..
Not sure what to do as the 2.5 isn't madly exp at 1500.

Back