Brake pads

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=10906.msg176163#msg176163 date=1239302909]
Which ever is cheaper!
It'll make no difference performance!
The higher the performance of a pad means the hotter it can run and still be useful!
But also the higher the performance makes more brake dust, squeels and don't work as well from cold!
your local autofactors will have Epex ones for feck all! that's what I would use!
Dan

[/quote]

As roughly 20% braking is done through the rear brakes i wouldn't advise use watever...

ebc redstuff would be budget wise a correct and good choice..

Lads igot front and rear grooved discs and front and rear ebc yellow stuff for my bug eye delivered to my house for 300 euro off ebay crn performance hard to beat and no issues with them

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=10906.msg176054#msg176054 date=1239277570]
for normal road use would red or green ebc pads be better? need to replace my rears soon i think
[/quote]

All,

DO NOT GET RED STUFF PADS...!

Easily the worst pads I ever put on any car, the dust off them is UNREAL and I wouldnt mind that if they were good at the auld braking but they are rubish. Also I have done hardly 10000km on them and Im nearly sure they are nearly finished!!
After my experience with red stuff pads Ill be staying well clear and advise anybody else to do the same, unless you like cleaning whhels every day or replacing pads 2 a year at a cost of approx €230 for front pair!

Regards

Paddy

that's weird, as they advertise them as the lowest-rated dust brake pads..

[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=10906.msg176294#msg176294 date=1239358405]
After my experience with red stuff pads Ill be staying well clear and advise anybody else to do the same, unless you like cleaning whhels every day or replacing pads 2 a year at a cost of approx €230 for front pair!
[/quote]

230 for the the fronts only? seems very expensive. pricing around last few days and seem them for anything between 85-100 for redstuff. I have mintex pads on at the moment and they are terrible for dust. Hence the steel gray Rota's to hide the dust!

get the genuine brembo pads cheap enough from a uk main dealer!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
nobody is competitive on prices in ireland for anything!!!
uk all the way!!!
IMO..

Have to agree with you there Mark. I've saved a fortune by buying from uk. ITs rediculous that you can buy a part 4 or 5 hundred miles away and get it shipped to your door cheaper than buying local. Whats wrong with this country? Not getting into a debate about it though, just voicing an opinion. ............. :smile:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=10906.msg176517#msg176517 date=1239407059]
[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=10906.msg176294#msg176294 date=1239358405]
[/quote]

230 for the the fronts only? seems very expensive. pricing around last few days and seem them for anything between 85-100 for redstuff. I have mintex pads on at the moment and they are terrible for dust. Hence the steel gray Rota's to hide the dust!
[/quote]
what mintex pads are you using?

Back