Brake disc replacement suggestions

Ianbhp

Middle Lane Hogs
Hello All.

I need to replace my brake disc's on my Legacy - it has impreza 4 pot set up.

I was wondering what replacement discs and pads are suggested from those in thr know. And places to purchase too.

Many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian lots of the lads use Brembo disks and pads.

Previous used mtec for my wrx found em good

Lots of choice from memory i went for black groved and dimpled disks

Tried them all over the last 14 years, in the end came back to getting plain Brembo branded discs from the motor factors , they have high carbon content , no issue at all on the road once installed correctly, spotless clean hubs before fitting etc,

Then choose a nice fast road pad ,
Project mu are good and the dust doesnt wreck wheels

Was looking at the brembo discs, not a bad price at all, how are brembo pads, just to have all the brake set up as one brand?

Brembo discs👍you won’t go wrong

the pads are just tip around pads and not up to more that 1 or 2 hard stops

I will prob do the same so...sorry for thread hijack, same topic 👌
If going on track or something she'll get upgraded pads, but less dust is always better 😎

I ran DBA T2 rotors with P.Mu HC+800 pads. Was kind of a fast road setup but the pads release a lot of dust.

Performance was great but lots of dust even when not pushing the car.

How did you find the discs, was looking at DBA. Very pleasing on the eye to be fair.
Want the least dusty pad I can get tho with some bit of a decent bite lol

Current setup standard disks with ds2500 pads (ran these for years in wrx too) all round always found ferodo not bad for dust great for stopping saved me more than once in city center madness

How did you find the discs, was looking at DBA. Very pleasing on the eye to be fair.
Want the least dusty pad I can get tho with some bit of a decent bite lol
It was before Brexit so was via Sprinting Hare.

I had not issue with the setup, just the dust but that can be cleaned.

Last edited:
I bought Godspeed Grooved disks before and the things arrived in Comline boxes. Just be aware of what you are actually getting

That’s 100% it , he’s buy them discs in an machines the grooves in ,

My 2c:
1. Mtec discs - ran them for years and nil issues. The guys up north are really sound to deal with and there is usually a discount. Grooved ones look nice. Get the coating as it's worth it
2. Pads - depends on application. If for road use, Brembo ones are good and for tracking Carbon Lorraine CL5. I currently run Ferrodo DS2500 like Ciaran for road/track use. Dustier but great stopping power.
3. Full refresh of brake fluids while you are at it if not done recently.

Brembo HC high carbon discs are top class and close on price to the likes of MTEC etc, they are a oem disc for alot of hot hatches models out there and have never cracked/warped etc. Just got 4 for.the the R.

Can't go wrong with ferodo ds2500 for fast Road/occassional track day pad

Try autodoc/mister auto very good prices on brembo discs

Back