bottom end

Yeah the Type 25 is savage but has aftermarket pistons rods manifold plus more.

I think the limit on the standard airbox is 350 or 360. There are a lot of them standard with 400 and theres a good few that have had problems at that aswell.

I have looked into this myself and the 2.5 sti new block will take up to 430//450 bhp with front mount map sncor and twin fuel lines and pumps ,but it is twice the price of a wrx block .And if you bought a wrx block and upgraded the interanls with the change you would have a your 500 bhp.. The best way to go in which i and do over the winter is an american 2.2 block and upgrading it to a 2.33 block which can take 600 bhp plus .I am looking for 500bhp that will last a while on the track..

Sounds good alright. Big Garrett Rotated kit and closed block. Andy Fs car is 2.33.

I thought the 2.2 was only a semi closed deck whereas the 2.33 is full closed? It might be no hard to actually give Jonathan Mc Keary in Performance Subaru a call as he really is a guru whe it comes to these engine conversions. His technical knowledge is amazing. Here's his number 048 70351081

Frawls

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=137.msg1900#msg1900 date=1156960986]
I thought the 2.2 was only a semi closed deck whereas the 2.33 is full closed? It might be no hard to actually give Jonathan Mc Keary in Performance Subaru a call as he really is a guru whe it comes to these engine conversions. His technical knowledge is amazing. Here's his number 048 70351081

Frawls
[/quote]

Smart cookie ok.. Hasent put me wrong yet with both parts and advice. Theres a lot of guys out there who think they know. mmmmmmmmmmmm dont start me

hello philip i just put a 2.5 into my sti wagon well worth it not much horse power gains but torque is phenomenal go for it . got it built in ireland to could go on about it all day long its excellent can recommend the place i got it done if your interested.. murt sti its open deck also

Yep your right there Frawls :thumbsup:

but the 2.2 semi closed deck V's the 2.33 clossed deck.......
well lets just say you'd probarly want to be a mechanic to run
a 2.33 closed deck as a road car. The 2.33 is a great engine but would need
constant TLC

Niall.

Back