boost issue

1st to 2nd is rubbish in B4's anyway-the revs seem to drop too far. I never go into secondary til 2nd gear. And I'm with peadar on this-youre simply changing into VOD.

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=34634.msg397028#msg397028 date=1338736037]
1st to 2nd is rubbish in B4's anyway-the revs seem to drop too far. I never go into secondary til 2nd gear. And I'm with peadar on this-youre simply changing into VOD.
[/quote]
its not the vod the vod is not at 2k when u plant ur foot, as i said sometimes i get no boost at all until secondary

its boosting around. 8 primary /1.15 secondary, when controller is turned off makes no difference really

[quote author=popsy b4 link=topic=34634.msg397030#msg397030 date=1338738925]
[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=34634.msg397028#msg397028 date=1338736037]
[/quote]
its not the vod the vod is not at 2k when u plant ur foot, as i said sometimes i get no boost at all until secondary

its boosting around. 8 primary /1.15 secondary, when controller is turned off makes no difference really
[/quote]

Ye i agree wit popsy, it can happen at 2k an then plant the foot an it takes a good 2-3 seconds before theres any reaction from the turbo. Goin to head down to asd in walkinstown in the coming weeks, get it sorted. If its the solenoids or valves sweetcakes was talking bout, r they exspensive?

Ciaran will get to the bottom of it for you Jasper, he fixed mine when I was having issues with it. Don't know prices from the main dealer but you'll pick up spare solenoid boxes handy enough second hand :thumbsup:

Now I think about it, sounds like your controller isn't working right?

As with these stand alone contollers on TT systems you can only set the boost for both turbos at one level as they share the same Wastegate

So if you set one bar On primary you'll have one bar on secondary, if you have 1.4 bar on primary you'll have the same on secondary and so on and so forth

So how are you getting .8 and 1.15.... :ponder2:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=34634.msg397044#msg397044 date=1338746164]
Ciaran will get to the bottom of it for you Jasper, he fixed mine when I was having issues with it. Don't know prices from the main dealer but you'll pick up spare solenoid boxes handy enough second hand :thumbsup:
[/quote]

It's added to the never ending list, :icon_grin:
First things first, gearbox!! Roll on wednesday :thumbsup:

@goosie208, I dunno about the single boost level as mine as been mapped at stituning to 1 bar on the primary an 1.2 on d secondary. That's wat the boost guage reads too
:ponder2:

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=34634.msg397054#msg397054 date=1338747601]
Have you got a stand alone boost controller?
[/quote]

Sorry Goosie but i dunno :ponder2:
New to subaru. As far as i know it has just been mapped. Whats the difference between a stand alone and from the factory???

[quote author=Jasper link=topic=34634.msg397067#msg397067 date=1338750594]
[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=34634.msg397054#msg397054 date=1338747601]
Have you got a stand alone boost controller?
[/quote]

Sorry Goosie but i dunno :ponder2:
New to subaru. As far as i know it has just been mapped. Whats the difference between a stand alone and from the factory???
[/quote]
as in do u have a boost controller like an avcr, blitz dsbc,hks evc in your car shiuld be a box somewhere around ur dash and a solenoid in the engine bay

ur possibly just running directly off the actuators

Lol that'll be why your boost is normal hehe

Best way to be honest mate, gives the ECU control over the boost incase you need to go into limp mode, with a manual boost controller you remove this safety function

just an update , i think whatever was causing this problem went fully earlier lol

was at 6000 rpm in second just going for clutch and car died lost power completley , i held in clutch shifted to 4th and started cruising everything seemed ok until boost would come in and if felt like a mis fire

the idle is all over the place now going from 500 to 1000 rpm and will cut out eventually , i didnt get a chance to go looking for a boost leak as its late now and dont want to wake neighbours revving the car but i cant hear one it might be a pin hole :zzzz:

only thing is the check engine light came on but went off again no doubt will come back again so im thinking air flow meter as a leak wouldnt throw up a code ???

i cant get a hold of diagnostics until tmw evening my friend has it but would anyone like to take a guess :lolpoint: :lolpoint:

[quote author=B4 soon link=topic=34634.msg400802#msg400802 date=1341327206]
Do your own diagnostics with black plugs under steering column,then come back with codes
[/quote]

tried it wont work maybe the fcon stops it ?

Back