bonnet lock

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
jdm bug --------so the bonnet wont lock , popped it for some tlc and went to close and simply wont lock . it will catch on the safty switch . but will not close/lock properly . have had a quick poke around mechanism , ioled up but cant see anything out of place .

and then it happened on my one today. possibly a common problem :ponder:

jus wondering if anyone else had this .

Happened on my old hawk. In my case I had to clean some crud out and then oil it up. Happened twice but it was fine eventually.

Check that the cable is seating properly, on the bonnet catch, and inside the car at the bonnet pull mechanism.
As above , clean it well and then a small bit of grease should be good.

Cable not returning in the sleeve is usually the cause if them not staying closed :thumbsup:

Has same issue years ago Ross... oiled up cable and removed whole latch.... soaked in petrol and scrubbed crude off using a stiff bristle brush... re-greased and hey presto

As above.

Spray WD40 or the likes on catch. And pull release lever at same time as spraying.

You need really really really long arms for this. Or just get a second person to pull lever lol.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

sorted ---- seemed the pull handle inside the car wasnt returning fully once pulled ,even though it looked fully retracted , it wasnt .

problem sorted , must try it on the other one

cheers for the tips :54:

Back