bmw 325

mac mac

ISDC Club Member
so iv a mate lookin to possibly get a old bmw for a bit fun . maily looking at 1989 -1992 ish 325i's

something along the lines of this

images

thers a few shitters out there for €1500 and sorted ones are goin fo €5k and beyond . he is thinking of somewhere between tose two figures of about 3k .

any advice , info , examples of anyone in the know ,feel free to post below !

diesel tom i think had 1 of these and is into his beemers should know a few places to look :thumbsup:

I had a lovely 318is rare enough E30 but a good car has all the same running gear as the 325i with disc breaks all round,also cheaper tax,fuel and insurance and for a 91 1.8 it was very quick and no LSD so lots of fun.
Best thing about the 325i is there a lovely engine sweet sound.
There hard to get without rust the boot lid gets the worst of the rust so it's a good place to check if your looking at one.
Also the gearbox on some of them can be a bit notchy from first to second when accelerating hard so give it a good drive.
Other than that they are a class car and will be getting one again sometime.

Mike cannon on here is the man to talk to about old BMW he has one and has had a few
He is in some old BMW club so he knows what's for sale

Mac Mac,
I had a 325i MSport back in the day, class machine, 6cylinder purr out of her was fantastic. Look out for rust around wheel arches, at boot lid where boot latches on to car body, it's covered with plastic, under plastic is a problem area, then at strut tops under the bonnet.

A car around the 3k mark will need work done on it IMO, if he can stretch the budget and buy a "decent" one.
Seen one in the uk a while back for 10k stg. Looked the dogs, would have bought had the funds allowed.

Best of luck with the hunt, let us know if he gets his hands on one

If its just for ragging why not get an E36 328i? the problem with the E30's is they are becoming classics and the good ones are too good to wreck..the shitters will be ..well shitters... more hassle than they are worth..electrical germlins, rust, cam wear, the list goes on...

yeah hes looked at a couple , and rust seems to be the main fault , mainly at the four archs , bottom of front /back windscreen and inner arches .

he wants something maybe a little rough for the right money that he can restore himself . obviously pristine examples will go for very good money but thats not the bracket he looking .

I know a lad selling a serious 325i sport ill do a bit research tomorrow
I've had 4 of them now both coupes and cabrolet's deadly little car but if you just want it for a bit of fun go for a twin cam or a Nissan 180 something on them lines better fun and not as hard on the juice lol just from experience lad

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 10
[quote author=diesel tom link=topic=41257.msg472341#msg472341 date=1395872533]
I know a lad selling a serious 325i sport ill do a bit research tomorrow
I've had 4 of them now both coupes and cabrolet's deadly little car but if you just want it for a bit of fun go for a twin cam or a Nissan 180 something on them lines better fun and not as hard on the juice lol just from experience lad
[/quote]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
That sun stripe was put on to darken the inside of the car for that show because she wants fully finished inside lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
Will check with one of my mates mates tomorrow
I saw his dolphin grey 325i
Class condition rerely used heard he was sellin as building house probably more than 3G though

had a couple of these back in the day
in my opinion a good 318is is far nicer car to drive, 325's are torquey and have beautiful purr but nose heavy not at all nice to drive compared to 318is on anything but a motorway.
all 325is's from 1989 on have m-tech 2 kit( newer nicer body kit) and lsd as standard, there are 325i coupes out there that have kits fitted after and lsd but they are not fitted as standard.

99% are Uk imports and are rotting behind the factory kit (which is hard to see without removing) unless well minded or drystored which are like hens teeth or outrageously priced.

imo buy unkitted 318is( or 325 coupe if that way inclined) and fit kit and LSD( if not already) all parts can be got handy. otherwise it will be a money pit body wise if you want to make a decent exmple of it.

Engine mounts,
rust rear panel around lights, scuttle panel front, everywhere behind kit, arches, sills
water pumps and viscous fans are sh*t, look out for signs of overheating.
325 has t.belt 318is timing chain(listen for rattle)

some yoke though

Front jacking points, boot lid, scuttle panel, inner arches, and behind the bodykit.

Heads go porous around 130k mark. Have one tucked away in a shed as a wee project for later that I cut the fu*k out of it for 5 years when I was in my early 20s

I know where there's one in a shed in Donegal was rebuilt from shell brougt for nct and parked can get a price if intrested

[quote author=diesel tom link=topic=41257.msg472347#msg472347 date=1395873073]
That sun stripe was put on to darken the inside of the car for that show because she wants fully finished inside lol
[/quote]

nice motor

Back