Blue smoke from legacy gt bh5.

JAYGT

Took my legacy out from the shed last night after sitting up for nearly a year. Let it warm up and drove it for maybe 10/15 mile before parking it up .Driving to work this morning and maybe a few mles a trail of white/blue smoke started coming from the exhaust. I pulled in hoping that it wasn't the engine gone as it had only done about 250 mile since bottom end was done. There was no knocking of bangs but I did notice some oil on the secondary turbo. Actually thinking back just before this happened I could not get any boost from the secondary turbo 🤔.
Is the turbo gone ??
Did it just blow an oil pipe off ?
Is the engine knackered ?

Took my legacy out from the shed last night after sitting up for nearly a year. Let it warm up and drove it for maybe 10/15 mile before parking it up .Driving to work this morning and maybe a few mles a trail of white/blue smoke started coming from the exhaust. I pulled in hoping that it wasn't the engine gone as it had only done about 250 mile since bottom end was done. There was no knocking of bangs but I did notice some oil on the secondary turbo. Actually thinking back just before this happened I could not get any boost from the secondary turbo 🤔.
Is the turbo gone ??
Did it just blow an oil pipe off ?
Is the engine knackered ?

Hi,

I have a good condition secondary turbo off a 2002 rev d legacy if needed. €60.

That's if it turns out to be the turbo.

Hi,

I have a good condition secondary turbo off a 2002 rev d legacy if needed. €60.

That's if it turns out to be the turbo.
I've a few legacy gt's myself for spares so I've got a few turbos just in case. Just hope it's not an engine issue. Thanks anyhow Jayo.

Not to up on the legacys but sometimes the rocket gaskets leak on the impreza drip onto the hot turbo..

More likely seal in turbo gone imo put your finger in tail pipe there oil being passed through exhaust ?

Started the car up again when I got home, and when I rev the engine theres still alot of smoke coming from the exhaust but definitely no knocking from the engine. When I checked the engine for oil yesterday it seemed fine but when I checked the oil level in it this evening it was bone dry. They're no major signs of oil coming from exhaust tip unless its all caught up in the cat. I've both primary and secondary turbos off my other legacys so I can use them if its knackered. I'll just have to get some steel gaskets

Back