blobeye headlamps

i cant get the headlight seperated. Hairdryer aint workin. And its gettin dark soon :-(

The following is taken from a post on SCOOBYNET. I do not take credit for this.

Splitting the headlight

This is the bit were every1 panics bout the oven and i was no different lol
first you will need to take out 9 screws from the back of the unit and one of them is hidden under some tape so make sure all 9 are out.
once all unscrewed i got a normal hair dryer and heated up the join and gently pulled the lights apart bit by bit whilst quickly zapping it with the hair dryer every now and then keeping the mastik soft.

once apart there is one screw holding the silver plastic reflector in the lens.
undo this and pull the reflector out.and pop the orange bit out and chuck as far away as possible lol

Painting

i then rubbed it down with some 800 grade wet and dry (wet)
and washed them with some soap and dryed them off.
i then applied 3 coats of grey primer let it dry and lightly rubbed down with 800 grade wet and dry (dry) and washed off dust and let dry.
then applied 4 coats of matt black paint and let them dry over night.

RE-Sealing Lights

to RE-Seal just put the reflector back in with the one screw and re heat the lens and housing with the hair dryer and push back together.
once sealed just screw back together and admire your hany wor

but theres still wires on the actual lamp, should i take them off? i dont really want to take off the levelling thing either, and no ide how hot the oven should be or for how long, dont wanna melt anything!!!!

it didnt for me :( im gonna try it again tomorrow morning while i'll have plenty of light.... if its not raining that is!!!

I hope it works out for you Ian. If the worst comes to the worst try the oven. Start off not too hot and see if that is enough to take them apart. If not then turn the heat up and keep trying till you get a temperature hot enough to take them apart.

upon further investigation Ive been told by a person that did this he used oven set to 160 fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Then take them out, stir and marinate with.....no wait thats not it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back