Blitz bov sound

JayDublin

Committe Members
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
I installed my bov yesterday and have to say, I was underwhelmed by the sound (or lack of). I've tried adjusting the the allen key on top both clockwise and counter clockwise but don't notice a huge difference either way. Seems like I have to really rev hard to get any sort of real sound. Am I doing something wrong? Any help appreciated, cheers

Maybe try replacing springs man? I know the valve spring in them can be rated higher or lower or something...but I'm not sure if it would be your issue? Ciaran replaced em before,, they could have been done to a higher rating or something, but I'm not really sure how that works if I'm honest Also, I assume the vacuum hose on the end of the BOV is still connected? Mine popped off before, and it was like it wasn't there at all.
Another small point is that if your changing the nut on top, thats a recirc valve, so just to check piping on that aswel as it should be plumbed back into the turbo. Should deffo hear a difference from one side to the other, I'd say vacuum related if I was to take a stab
Not in any way a guru tho hai. Lol

Maybe try replacing springs man? I know the valve spring in them can be rated higher or lower or something...but I'm not sure if it would be your issue? Ciaran replaced em before,, they could have been done to a higher rating or something, but I'm not really sure how that works if I'm honest Also, I assume the vacuum hose on the end of the BOV is still connected? Mine popped off before, and it was like it wasn't there at all.
Another small point is that if your changing the nut on top, thats a recirc valve, so just to check piping on that aswel as it should be plumbed back into the turbo. Should deffo hear a difference from one side to the other, I'd say vacuum related if I was to take a stab
Not in any way a guru tho hai. Lol
Cheers bud! This is the trumpet one so no recirc on it. Comes with a stopper to block the old recirc which ive done. Checked vac hose and its on but ive it cable tied so could do with being be tighter. Maybe hose clamp might be a better option. I'll try that tomorrow.

Alright Jay not to sure on the setup on your bov as eoin said above i bought the diff spring kit of the forge bov as different colour springs for diff levels of boost/tune not sure is that info any use to you👍

Alright Jay not to sure on the setup on your bov as eoin said above i bought the diff spring kit of the forge bov as different colour springs for diff levels of boost/tune not sure is that info any use to you👍
Cheers Ciaran. Any links to where to get them?

The more boost you run at the harder the spring needs to be set at, you more than likely need to replace the spring. I’m sure they’re on eBay, or go back to the supplier
Hassen here has a GFB bov sounds amazing,

Jay Slack off the adjuster tighter results in a stiffer spring it won’t open as early, I don’t think anything is wrong with it .
Is it new ?

A BOV is on the list for my planned upgrades on my legacy. Good to hear it is now working well for you
Just out of curiosity, is there risk of running into engine stumble when installing one when the car has not be tuned for one. (i.e the engine momentarily running rich as the air no longer recirculates)?

My understanding tuned or not is that bov on cars with maf all run rich momentaraly after venting as maf had calculated air then gets dumped and the maf says 😳 eaaa what's going on here where 🤔 is the air and adds fuel to be safe don't think its a issue

Back