Bleeding brakes....?

MARTINGTI

Octane Boostaholics
Another question!

Im going to fit new 4 pots onto the front of my 2005 WRX tomoro with new Brembo pads. Im happy enough doing it and have watched lots of youtube videos about it.... The only thing lots of lads have conflicting opinions on is what order to bleed them in after. To confuse it even more im doing a full flush and changing the fluid too so i'll also be flushing out the rear callipers, and fitting new Brembo pads on the rear....? So, what way is best to approach it, fit new callipers first, then flush all four.... or flush rear ones first, then fit new fronts etc....

Cheers lads....

Fit the new calipers and change the fluid [emoji106]
Don't let the master cylinder run dry under any circumstances

Many moons ago I was trained to bleed (and flush) brakes diagonally... So for example front left, then rear right, etc.

The reason for this is/was because brake circuits are/were set up diagonally when brakes were 2-circuit (for safety in case a circuit failed).

These days, with ABS, all are 4 circuit, so don't think it matters anymore - but I may be corrected by one of the resident mechanics.

If you are doing a full flush just flush till clear fluid and should be fine - and as Baz said, keep checking that reservoir doesn't run dry as could cost you a master cylinder - plus headache of lots of air in the system...

Cheers lads. How much fluid in total would it take? Wouldn't be good to run out half way through!

Bleeding the brakes - Subaru

OSFront-> NSRear-> NSFfront-> OSRear

OS-Offside=Driver side
NS-Nearside=Passenger side

Yeah the video could be helpful except the direction of bleeding the calipers will be different as the video is showing left-hand drive car, where the master cylinder is on the other side.

I had seen that video alright, but others say different ways. That's why I asked the experts! :thumbsup:

All done anyway. Two new callipers fitted on front. I had two pistons seized on one and one piston seized on the other!! New brembo pads fitted front and back and full fluid change. Went great, no hiccups! Tool it for a drive and what a difference! My pedal was so wooden and hard, amazing to feel the difference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
Back