Bilstein Shocks Subaru Legacy GT

Jarocki

Petrolheads
ISDC Club Member
So i was driving this morning and was at a T junction. Bus was turning right onto the road where i was and i was turning left and the bus driver seemed to have forgotten about their turning circle and had i not moved would have taken the front right of my car clean off. To avoid this i locked the wheel left while moving to turn onto junction (and off a sumwhat ramp at this T-junction) and clunk, I didn't know what happened but car was not driving as normal and managed to get it to mechanic. Cut to the end of the day and a visit to Ciaran Larkin and he confirmed my bilstein front left shock had snapped clean in half. He said he had never seen it before.

Can anyone help with sourcing the front shocks that i need?Can the shaft of the shock be replaced? The ones below is a link of the ones that seem to look like the ones on my car. Really hoping people can help with this. Appreciate the help. Vin number on the car is BP5-109586. Ciaran reckons the part i need is 20310AG410.

https://globaljdmautoparts.com/prod...uspension-2005-2009-oem-20310ag400-20310ag410

Appreciate the help everyone

Second hand ones woul be your best bet but I'm sure you could order new kyb shocks around 150-200 a corner for them

Last edited:
Best place to get Bilstein shocks I found was on Ebay Germany. I don't have the details for your car, but I reckon you'd find it there and cheaper [emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Hello thanks. Yes hoping to replace with bilstein to keep original. I had a look on Ebay Germany but cannot seem to find one that al least matches the part Ciaran said it would be

Top bolt snapped off one of my Bilsteins when I was getting lowering springs fitted years ago, against my best judgement went with a KYB replacement shock as I needed the car on the road that day, could not tell the difference in ride or ride height at all, and was a fraction of the price at the time. Mine was a BL5 GT also.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hey guys ordered bilstein replacements there. Guy on the legacy forum selling them through Germany. Hopefully be here by the end of the week. Thanks for all the help. Hopefully they're the right ones

Shocks have been replaced and on the car now. Ciaran said it was only issue caused so at least will be back on the road when collect the car tomorrow.

Back