big brake kit that would fit an 01 bugeye sti jdm. 1k or more to spend

chris139ryan

Octane Boostaholics
big brake kit that would fit an 01 bugeye sti jdm. 1k or more to spend

as above have about 1k to spend or maybe a little more depending on the kit. Currently we have brembos on it with ferodo ds 2500 pads and re-skimmed dics. we find them very poor under braking just wondering what have you got.

Re: big brake kit that would fit an 01 bugeye sti jdm. 1k or more to spend

AP Racing with 330mm 2 piece discs and bluestuff ndx pads and HEL lines all round. Maybe get your Brembos re-built, dont know what kind of driving your doing that they are not good enough for you.

Get some 2 piece discs( Helps dissapte heat better) /braided lines(better pedal feel) and new pads and fluid and you should be fine

Get yourself some performance friction 2 piece discs & good brake fluid. Yout don't need to upgrade from the brembos

I wonder if a set of performance friction discs would fit my Godspeed bells. Godspeed replacement discs on the 2 piece setup are £379. I never knew that when i got them! I wonder if there is a cheaper PF equivalent

i was thinking about upgrading the pads, disks and lines but with all that you would nearly get a full kit. me and my da compare them to the ksports that we had on the b4 before we got the impreza and they are in a completely differently league than brembos.

Our brembos tend to fade fairly quick, they bite alright but then pedal starts to shake.
I would love to get an ap bbk bout they are very hard to find second hand and cant manage to stretch to 2-3k for new ones. we dont drive the car hard but if you needed to stop in a hurry they wont stop you, like my civic would stop faster than the impreza which is ridiculous

Consider the weight of your civic compared to Impreza. sounds like you pads and fluid in the impreza are shite and cant take the heat of a few hard stops. I don't know why you think AP's cost 2-3 grand. i got my AP's with 2 piece discs and HEL lines and Ferrodo DS2500's for 1100 brand new :)

i have tarox 10pots for sale near new pads and discs offers around 750e(will clear 17ins wheels)very little use

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=32351.msg370940#msg370940 date=1322168704]
Consider the weight of your civic compared to Impreza. sounds like you pads and fluid in the impreza are shite and cant take the heat of a few hard stops. I don't know why you think AP's cost 2-3 grand. i got my AP's with 2 piece discs and HEL lines and Ferrodo DS2500's for 1100 brand new :)
[/quote] where did u get them for that price. Was just pricing them from England and that was the average price I found

Yes I'd sell the brembos once we sorted a bbk. What are the tarox 10pot like. Are they not a little over kill on the road.

got them from Godspeed brakes in UK. the four pot version, the 6 pots are the pricey ones at about 2 grand and actually too much for road use. no need for a BBK on a road car to be honest. decent Brembo setup is all you will need. You can go for a cheap set of D2 or Ksport BBK but quality isn't on par with the Brembo's or AP's. Bigger is not always better( that's what she said!!) Plenty of lads running Brembo's on the track day and were fine, i had no bother either with mine on track.

I think you just like the sound of a BBK :)

Hahaha it's my da that's about his bbks :) if they still do that price for the aps I'll say it too him. A decent set of discs pads fluids and lines wouldn't be far off it so you may aswell go big(what she actually said) :p
how do your aps compare to the brembos

i find them very good for stopping but i also use on the strip and track but i taught u wer lookn a big break kit lol and its under budget

[quote author=chris139ryan link=topic=32351.msg370955#msg370955 date=1322173468]
Hahaha it's my da that's about his bbks :) if they still do that price for the aps I'll say it too him. A decent set of discs pads fluids and lines wouldn't be far off it so you may aswell go big(what she actually said) :p
how do your aps compare to the brembos
[/quote]

Never had Brembos on mine so cant compare, I would say they are on par if not slight improvement on Brembo's due to the lighweight of the caliper and the 2 piece disc they could probably handle higher temps better making them less prone to fade.

What pads are in the brembos now?

something like This with braided line would be great improvement. Maybe bluestuff instead

http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~godspeed/product.php?id_product=141

i ran the original gold brembo's on my impreza with DS2500 and 5.1 fluid, never had a problem on track or over the mountains.
no fade and savage pedal all the time.

something must be wrong.have you a sticky caliper,glazed pads or bad discs??

i changed to a 6 pot AP kit from godspeed. worked out around 1300 euro per kit. (bought 3 kits)

in my opinion if you want a change, save up the money and get an AP 6 pot kit.
you will never have a problem with brakes again :thumbsup:

i was told by Ian @ Godspeed himself that actually the 6 pot AP's unnecessary on a road car and can actually mess up the brake bias too much and can result in same tail out action!

You would need some bigger calipers on there rear and maybe larger brake cylinder. If you want to spend the money, go for the 6 pots but i cant see a road situation where you would ever need them. Maybe check out someones car that has a decent, properly performing brembo setup to compare with.

eh........................................the wicklow mountains! i use them a bit up there :icon_grin: :subaru:

tut tut! if your a lula like graham, that does fast and furious episodes around sallys gap nightly go for 6 pots!

:icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: im going to get them looked at before deciding to upgrade until then i'll be looking at godspeed brakes :thumbsup:

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=32351.msg370966#msg370966 date=1322175689]
tut tut! if your a lula like graham, that does fast and furious episodes around sallys gap nightly go for 6 pots!
[/quote]
Im using ds2500 and 5.1 fluid so they should be really good shouldnt they

I emailed ian there to see what he thinks about my situation

chris you should have no fade or any problem's using a proper working brembo set-up and DS2500 pads :thumbsup:

im very late on the brakes when shifting along and my brembo's running the same stuff, never gave any brown pant's moment's.

i just wanted to brake later and harder, so i bought the AP kit :thumbsup:

Back