bhp difference from current model to new shape

Darkshadow

Petrolheads
i was reading the total impreza magazine (again) and i came across the bhp stats for the new 2.0 rx why have they dropped it by around 10 bhp compared to the current model :ponder:

07 2.0rx 160 bhp (roughly)

08 2.0rx 150 bhp (roughly)

is it me or does this not make any sense

half the cars missing so you would think the bhp would be the same or higher

or am i being a complete idiot

No not at all very good question !!
Maybe the new car is lighter or it possibly might have to do with
emission's :dunno:

Niall.

The weight or size of the car has nothing to do with its bhp. Bhp is a measure of the engines output, nothing to do with the car size.
You are getting mixed up with its power to weight ratio.

Reduction in bhp has probably got something to do with emmission or some other regulations.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=3919.msg40511#msg40511 date=1191923000]
The weight or size of the car has nothing to do with its bhp. Bhp is a measure of the engines output, nothing to do with the car size.
You are getting mixed up with its power to weight ratio.

Reduction in bhp has probably got something to do with emmission or some other regulations.
[/quote]

I think he meant if the car was lighter it wouldnt need as much power to get the same performance

"half the cars missing so you would think the bhp would be the same or higher"

I am reading this as, he is wondering why is the bhp not higher as the car is smaller...!!!!?

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=3919.msg40517#msg40517 date=1191924944]
"half the cars missing so you would think the bhp would be the same or higher"

I am reading this as, he is wondering why is the bhp not higher as the car is smaller...!!!!?

[/quote]

oh right Ted..just read that now..I thought you were replying Niall boy..apologises

i fell like a complete idiot now doh :wall:

all i can say in responce is it was written on a tuesday morning and the brain was left behind in bed whilst the body was out and about

[quote author=Darkshadow link=topic=3919.msg40530#msg40530 date=1191931700]
i fell like a complete idiot now doh :wall:

all i can say in responce is it was written on a tuesday morning and the brain was left behind in bed whilst the body was out and about

[/quote]

We all have out of body experiences every now and then. :lol:

Back