Best ICE system... Well.. Above acceptable..

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Right guys,
So, as some may have seen in my blog, I did change all speakers in the car not so long ago... But, they were lying around somewhere.. Can't remember where, but I guess they just lost their goodness.

Now, what I want is 4 speakers, as pairs or as fours, that are a direct replacement for the stockies if possible.
I seen some adapters and brackets and stuff but just not sure will it have clearance.. You know these ebay specials now..

Also, some of you may also know my music. Heavy bass, heavy riffage with some screaming vocals.
For this reason, I would like speakers with (for lack of technical terms) a better mid rather than all about bass or treble.
What have you guys got, what would you recommend etc etc
Does the stereo system have an awful lot of effect or should this be changed too?
4x55w at the minute I think. Kenwood... I think lol

Sub and amp in the boot are good. I've mastered those settings lol

Right guys,
So, as some may have seen in my blog, I did change all speakers in the car not so long ago... But, they were lying around somewhere.. Can't remember where, but I guess they just lost their goodness.

Now, what I want is 4 speakers, as pairs or as fours, that are a direct replacement for the stockies if possible.
I seen some adapters and brackets and stuff but just not sure will it have clearance.. You know these ebay specials now..

Also, some of you may also know my music. Heavy bass, heavy riffage with some screaming vocals.
For this reason, I would like speakers with (for lack of technical terms) a better mid rather than all about bass or treble.
What have you guys got, what would you recommend etc etc
Does the stereo system have an awful lot of effect or should this be changed too?
4x55w at the minute I think. Kenwood... I think lol

Sub and amp in the boot are good. I've mastered those settings lol

Meant to reply to your thread for the last 2 days but didn't get a chance.

I been through a few of these and here are my thoughts/2cents

1. What do you currently have in the car? Name, model, details so that I can have a general idea about the setup
2. What is the amp you are using for the subwoofer and what is the model/make of the sub? How is it connected to the headunit(what brand and model is it?)
3. What's your budget for the upgrade you are thinking about? Have a healthy amount in mind as lower end speakers don't tend to be that good.
4. Re speakers - I read a very interesting article a long while ago and it made a lot of sense. In a car, don't bother with spending a lot of money on rear speakers. You want the sound stage to come from the front and spend most of your speaker budget on front speakers. Rear speakers can be used for rear fill or not at all. In my car, I have my rear speakers turned off and they are not amped. The front speakers are connected to the amp that drives them to get the best sound image from them. With regards to which ones to buy, depends on your budget and I would recommend Focal component speakers. Even their lower end ones are better than most in my humble opinion.
5. Think about putting some sound deadening behind the door skin as this will reduce/eliminate a lot of the rattles once you get mid bass frequencies in. It's well worth considering and adding to you budget.

Any questions, fire away and I will try to help as much as I can :)

Currently, there's a vibe sub and the the oul silver Sony amp I got from you lol
As for the speakers and head unit, I don't mind replacing those anyway, Sony xplode speakers and I think it's kenwood..hard to believe I'm not actually sure. But that can go also.
I'm fairly happy with the way the sub is, powered by the amp, amp through the radio. No speakers into the amp.
I don't have a mad thummp out if it tho, just a bit of bass which is ideal for the metalage lol

Bro in law was telling before alright that the rears are literally just for volume. All the sound quality is in front speakers too. Interesting.. I think the stock ones are small, I have no clue when it comes to this now but surely for low end sound you want a bigger cone in the speaker? Isn't fitting that going to be a problem?

Back