Best Car Gadget (possible present!)

HawkAl

My recent question re Carcoon had me thinking about essential (to us) car accessories, gadgets and tools.

With Christmas fast approaching and many lads and ladies urged to make a decision as to what they want could be good to get a few opinions:

For me my best car related gift was a Ctek charger followed closely by a Teng 3/8”
Torque wrench.

All ideas welcome!

I'm hoping to get an subaru s206 😂 But in reality it will be some car related products and a some tools for the garage . But u can always dream 😃😃😃👍

11 in total so not a chance 🤣
S201
S202
S203
S204
R205
S206
S207
S208
S209
S401 Legacy
S402 legacy

Have a 10A Ctek charger and it is great (also has a "supply" mode for when doing OBDII diagnostics etc).

Other things I have that are used very regularly and would be great for many a car enthousiast:
a) good 12V tyre inflator (have a Michelin digital one) and think would make a great present for someone
b) 230V machine polisher ("cheap" Neilson one I got from IGE.ie , but has variable speeds and very happy with it - especially at the price)
c) Karcher K5.85 power washer... have it more than 13 years and still going strong... very happy with it
d) 230V dehumidifier with automatic humidity settings and 5L storage tank with auto-cut-off (for when I have used carpet/upholstry extractor machine... or when cars have been sitting up a while)
e) Good 1.5T Sealey "race" jack (low entry type, with low weight alu body)
f) Torque sticks for impact wrench (like a 1/2" extension, but with flex built in to tighten (wheel)bolts to a certain set torque value... great stocking filler as only 15-20 euro a piece and very handy when using big impact driver / wrench for wheels a lot.
g) Teng 1/2" 40-200Nm torque wrench for wheels... and a smaller 3/8" 5-60Nm for smaller work.
Many other things a lot more costly that are more geared towards pro garage use maybe outside scope of OP thread start.

Current wish list of items in the 120-300 range:
1) NOCO GB70 jump start pack
2) DeWalt DCF899N-XJ 18V LI-ION XR Impact Wrench 950Nm
3) DeWalt DCF787N Impact Driver 170Nm

Think a must have in any car really is a decent dash cam. Just on the off chance you needed footage or anything like that.
Ideally you'd like one professionally installed so no wires visible and gets power from the radio etc.
One of the lads at work has a rear view style one. It's basically a mirror, that goes over the rear view in the car, and has the little dash cam screen in the bottom corner.
All wires hidden above the roof liner and behind the pillar and dash to the radio. Wouldn't even see it to be honest.

Had one before, but was to be charged up and didn't like wires hanging to the ciggy lighter so just charged it up every few days. Resolution wasn't overly epic but it done the job.

Have a few torque wrenches from 1/2” to screw driver type down to single digit Newtons, mostly Teng!

Dash cam is one I never thought of and are definitely getting more popular.

I have a Hilti impact gun in a set and recently purchased a Parkside Lidl one which I was really impressed with for the money, less than €70 and batteries for around 20, while it’s no Milwaukee still well worth the price, would highly recommend.

Was it colm that does the dash cams here? I'm not 100% but maybe worth a message and have a chat about them and see, weigh up the options....

Back