Become a non-subaru household?

if your spending big money on a new toy you shouldn't be worried about the price of the road tax really, the holden is 2350 for me for the year and the amount of looks and whistles plus all the finger pointing makes it all worth it for me....be different go big, get yourself the new sti

The extra tax works out at €2.55 a day over what you have.This is just a thought but if you're willing to spend that sort of money on a car, why not buy the Impreza in the uk, even after vrt, you'll probably save over buying it here so negates the tax difference. Then when you want rid, give it back to the garage in the UK and claim a vrt refund while selling it for way more than it would be worth here.

I know the tax seems ridiculous but in comparison to the cost price of the car, its not really (speaking in local irish terms, not international value for money). I'm paying €1500 a year for a 10 year old A6 sure, now that's ridiculous!!

That's the kind of argument I'm looking for to talk myself into getting one. It's a hard sell though cause I'm usually sensible with my cash agree 1500 is mad tax for a 10 year old audi.

I think so ciaran was the hatch not 58??

wagon dec

I was told by guy in finnegans that he was selling 2008 ones for 60k cash,no trade in price. Price went mad from 1 July , I suppose that's why I've never seen one registered after 2008

Wonder would it be worth Paul looking into Carrol and Roach or Subaru Ireland pricing a New 2015 Sti Irish times article few months back est pricing at 45 euro (don't beleve that) but be great if true apart from the monster tax

Yeah I saw that article too so might e worth looking into. I'd prefer to buy something 1 to 2 years old though where some of the sting has already been taken though.

I haven't had a test drive of the golf but all the reviews look good so far

Thanks for all comments and suggestions. I often mull things over for a while so probably stay with the status quo for another while anyway.

if your spending big money on a new toy you shouldn't be worried about the price of the road tax really, the holden is 2350 for me for the year and the amount of looks and whistles plus all the finger pointing makes it all worth it for me....be different go big, get yourself the new sti

This post for the win!

I Was in the same predicament as the op albeit in a lower price bracket a few months ago. I wanted a newer car so I went from a 97 300bhp Impreza to 12 180bhp focus would far sooner be driving the scooby :-(.

I'd hang on to the hatch if I was you I, you've got a very unique head turner of a car that sounds awesome, handles and goes like stink. You won't get the whole package with a golf or focus you might get a watered down version that's hard to fall in love with

No she's still out there wanting to be abused. I might just treat her to 3 months next week

nice one don't ever sell her good ones are so rare, unless you want to sell her to me sometime:)

Just for info. That irish times estimate of sti price was way off

I priced a new sti and was quoted around the 62k mark+ a six month waiting list!

That's the end of that notion anyway

I'd guess it will be a few more years before we see any new irish registered stis

Deposit paid now for focus RS. Hope it meets all the hype and I won't miss being in a scoob you too much.

Thinking was:

RS expensive compared to the golf r, same price as an s3 really but that electric handbrake in the golf r is a bit of a deal-breaker (for the few days snow we get!)

Much as I want a scoob tax is just too high and is bound to hit residuals. Thought I'd broaden my horizons and despite being sensible with cash normally and hanging on for a 1 or 2 year old car I've decided to bite the bullet and buy rs new.

Thanks again for the opinions.

I'll still be keeping an eye out for the next sti hatch assuming tax is a bit better.

Plan to sell the hatch early in the new year if anyone is on the lookout for a clean low mileage Irish hatch, mustn't be too many Irish one left now.

Well done Paul ill have to meet you somewhere around have a look at it

Good news

What the Rrp on the Rs was there a discount avaliable as u didn't trade in ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Golf r in mondello today savage quick in the wet
Congratulations on the rs man won't be many of them around.

Well done Paul ill have to meet you somewhere around have a look at it

Good news

What the Rrp on the Rs was there a discount avaliable as u didn't trade in ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Rang a fair few garages, most never bothered to get back to me, got a reasonable discount in the end, I'd say the base price is more 48ish but you probably need a few extras

A similar discount on the golf r was available too, works out about 44 with adaptive chassis control and a few other bits so about 8k cheaper than rs, most other countries its pricier

Must hook up around Marley while it's still clean from being new! No firm delivery date yet.

Congrats Paul on the RS
Will keep an eye out for it [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back