BE5 Engine issues

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=25657.msg302331#msg302331 date=1281394855]
do the BE5 legacys have OBD2 port under the steering wheel? I have the cable that can connect that up to me laptop and you can check and error codes stored in ecu, if ur bulb is broken but its still throwing codes. it might help :ponder:
[/quote]

Ive seen a Black connector plug, female, just below the level to open the engine bonnet. Under the steering column.
I would appreciate it if you could read the codes for me with your pc!
Im going to try and get the clocks off now , and see if I can find the broken bulb.

Sweetcakes, it's not a picture of mine. I just found a similar pic on google.

Thanks guys.

I got behind the cluster and found 4 bulbs missing. The bastards!
10082010105.jpg

Finally managed to get the diagnostics done :icon_headbang:

- - - . . . . . . . . Code 38

38 Engine torque control (SVX)
Wiring harness between ECU and TCU is in short circuit.
TCU: From Wikipedia:
[size=8pt]A transmission control unit or TCU is a device that controls modern electronic automatic transmissions. A TCU generally uses sensors from the vehicle as well as data provided by the Engine Control Unit to calculate how and when to change gears in the vehicle for optimum performance, fuel economy and shift quality.[/size]

Could this be because it was a auto transmission before, and now changed to manual?
It's strange that this is the only code stored.
I don't think that this has any relation to what is happening with the engine spluttering.

man get down to the local solictor and get a bit of adviced
u just been robbed imo
tro the car back at ur man
bulbs missin ,
constant check light wit the coast of a sensor which cant be cheap,
wire loom nackered ur lookin at a big bill,

hope u get sorted

Jesus, you got sold a pig in a poke alrite.
Seek legal advise.
Your Check Engine Light was on all
the time, but no bulb flashing to warn you!

Who know what damaged was caused by driving the car
with the light on the whole time. Sneaky Sh*ts.

Yep, I think I'll need to go that direction...
Btw. It's Nolan Car Sales on Naas Road. Dublin.

I'll go to the man tomorrow, if he doesn't cooperate, I'll involve the legal department.

Thanks again.

I had similar problems with my last car if there anything like Lismard autos in Portlaoise be prepared for a long battle :angry1: thankfully lismard are out of business now hope it works out for you man

I just don't want to spend more money in legal hassles, than just paying less to get the car fixed.
Dan, could we meet up someday to do a diag with your laptop if you have the chance?

Thanks,

[quote author=Jaak link=topic=25657.msg302539#msg302539 date=1281467267]
I just don't want to spend more money in legal hassles, than just paying less to get the car fixed.
Dan, could we meet up someday to do a diag with your laptop if you have the chance?

Thanks,
[/quote]

it will have to be this week some evening but im flatout busy with getting stuff done for the wedding.heading away on Sunday for a month. could meet you thur or friday for a few minutes maybe.

I thought you got the error code though?

Thats grand Dan, you seem swamped with stuff to do!
I just thought that you will see more codes using your method?

I dont want to bother you if you have so much stuff on your head! Thanks again!

[quote author=Jaak link=topic=25657.msg302550#msg302550 date=1281470103]
Thats grand Dan, you seem swamped with stuff to do!
I just thought that you will see more codes using your method?

I dont want to bother you if you have so much stuff on your head! Thanks again!
[/quote]

where u living? sure send us ur number and if i have half an hour free on evening this week ill let u know. i never used it to get error codes, just for data logging, but it should show up error codes in ecu too

Went to the dealer today, giving in the car to him tomorrow, he'll fix the problem.
Hope it all goes well.

As it's only covered under gearbox warranty, you guys think Code 38 would be covered?

Thanks,

It should be as its something to do with the auto gearbox... I would think that because its now a manual, thats why its throwing up the code and it is no longer used in the auto box... the auto box would have been linked electronically to the ecu and dash clocks and with the manual in there now its just been disconnected so throwing up the code.. was the car a fresh import when you bought it? i would be more looking to see why the car was changed to manual without anything else changed..

still think the huunting issue is either maf or lambda related

@dossie01

The car was there for a week. Mechanic said that loom was cut, not replaced.
He will fix it after Japfest.
The engine check light is on all the time, but just because of the ECU glitch.

But for performance it seems back to normal.
I think it must be something fuel related.
I am going to give the maf sensor a clean anyways.

Boost is back to 1.0 primary and secondary turbos.

Cheers

Back