Battery issue

Darren watters

ISDC Club Member
Has anyone ever had a problem with the battery draining constantly? After about 10 days mine always seems to be dead

If battery is not gone/old (any motor factors can test battery for you)..Must be a draw on it found previously Clifford and dash cam was eating battery and causing issue..could also be altenaror issue

Alarm and tracker will do it if not regularly driving it to charge it back up properly. Chevk Boot light is not left on .

I would drive it regular and have it out most Sundays. say if I charged it on a Monday, drove it for an hour on the Friday then all day Sunday, I would be dead some day during the week

I can leave the car 3-4weeks , with alarm/tracker and get in and it will start

You must have a current draw elsewhere

Trickle charger is no harm in the colder months

What alarm is on it

The sigma alarms can kill it in a few days like clifords

Happened me but giving the battery a full charge with a battery charger solved it

Is it possible to get a new battery that isnt fully charged due to sitting around not sure ?

My previous Blobeye wrx sti had a sigma alarm and if left sitting for over a week would drain the battery. Replaced the battery with a new one and still had the same problem. Wasn't Ideal but when not in use I always had to disconnect the battery to stop it draining.

I have a little solar panel thing that connects to the battery, so if left parked, I'd connect it, run the cables out from the bonnet, through passenger window, and leave panel on the dash. Does the trick. Haven't had that problem at all, but never had the battery die on me before to know if the Clifford was draining power

See on Scoobynet

press the remote fob`s button with the ignition on, then press 3 on the keypad and immediately remove the keys.

This will put the car into "valet mode" if that helps ?

Basically shuts off auto-arm and passive immobiliser..

Hope that is what your after mate ?

Id make sure You have Youre alarm keypad code first

If You have Sigma its probably taht if not a tracker

When did the problem start and had anything being done/ fitted to the car around that time

When did the problem start and had anything being done/ fitted to the car around that time
I've had the car 3 years now, it has been a problem since I got it. I'd usually disconnect the battery when I'm not using it but I think it's about time I got it sorted. I have a receipt from a garage to say a new tracker was fitted in it in 2017 but doesn't say the brand or anything

What alarm is on it

The sigma alarms can kill it in a few days like clifords

Happened me but giving the battery a full charge with a battery charger solved it

Is it possible to get a new battery that isnt fully charged due to sitting around not sure ?
Yes if batteries aren't moving quick stock wise so a battery could be sat on shelf for a while but never not be enough to start the car and then it will be charged in car so all good

Not sure what the circumstances are with your car. I had replaced battery before so knew it wasn’t that. I had a loose belt, tension wasn’t right, so wasn’t charging. Maybe that can help

My two cents, if buying a battery keep the receipt, halfords gave a five year guarantee I took a battery back with two days off the five years and had it replaced, I'm not mean and tight.

Id agree Paul, guarantee is guarantee, done it a few times myself. Aldi pressure washer for example,great bit of kit, but they only last about 2 years or so, for 100 quid I got 3 of them lol 😆

Same with my battery l taped the receipt to the battery so l won't loose it and it came handy when died inside the warranty period

Back