Back in black!! (Well dark grey)

jamjam42

Its been a while since my last post with the loss of my mk1 Legacy. For a while I have been driveing a reliably boring mk3.

But........ I have now upgraded to the modern age with a Diesel (Impreza r) of all things and I LOVE IT!!!

However I want to make some changes, I think a retune and new exhaust system to start. Anyone have any experience with remap on Diesels?

[quote author=davelegacy™ link=topic=44171.msg509864#msg509864 date=1425770528]
Would highly advise against. Diesels arent reliable at standard level.
[/quote]

How so?

broken camshafts is one issue ive heard of , even on cars with full service history etc , apparently sh*t themselves without warning , bearings are weak 2

Welcome back :thumbsup:As above crancks Seems to snap and seem to be very hit and miss with engines . Ok under 60k. But after that anything can happen . They also seem to be way over priced secondhand when I was looking to change

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=44171.msg509905#msg509905 date=1425817110]
Welcome back :thumbsup:As above crancks Seems to snap and seem to be very hit and miss with engines . Ok under 60k. But after that anything can happen . They also seem to be way over priced secondhand when I was looking to change
[/quote]

Ah yeah I had read that about them does not seem to be that common but catastrophic when it does happen obviously.

On the price front, yeah they are mental to buy over here... Has taken me nearly a year of looking to finally get one that had not been abused and was reasonably priced.

Some of the one's I have looked at over the last year have been terrible and I have been exclusively looking at cars in dealerships (mostly Subaru mains)

The Euro 4 engines have a weak crankshaft, but in '10 they changed them to forge'd one's, and supposed to be great since the euro 5 engine.
Any pic's? I have a dark grey rs diesel too!

Love to see a moded impreza td springs lip kit remap ect be great to see something different

What are the engine stats say they are Toqurey enough...

Back