Back in a scooby..... [emoji16]

wagon dec

Member Number 257
So I recently picked up a bargain....
IV bought myself a 2008 forester Xt 2.5 turbo, 2 owners from new full service history, originally came from Castle garage in Dublin, completely standard car not even a back box on it.
So..... The catch with this bargain is that the timing belt snapped after only covering 40,000 kms. why!!!!! The mechanic who fitted it didn't set up the belt guide correctly and it wore through the belt [emoji849][emoji17]. So I have since fitted a belt to try the engine and it has a bent valve or two. I knew it would have but its a project so I don't mind too much. Out comes the engine to replace the valves. Iv just Gave it a wash as its manky and needs a valet.
d1f73d96bfe1ec145bd8a462722859a9.jpg
e4acd368c2d70676454771ef461786f1.jpg
96fe79f9ebebd5360a3b45fe08a0be22.jpg
c5833e39901d5366079f8c61ed603987.jpg
e6a8e2050bb9b08eec1cc839bce34b40.jpg
f61cd430df98f2bccc27557816b97ab7.jpg

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Class wagon. Castle Garage is 15min from ne if you need me to pick up anything from them.

Looking forward to seeing her back in good health[emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Welcome back to family Dec! We missed ya:) Hope you will get her on road soon - you are skilled mechanic, so I am sure you will get that done in no time:)

good to have you back dec , congrats on new jeep .

a lil surprised as thought you would replace mini tool with something more track focused for the trip .

best of luck with it :54:

Damnnn... nice jeep... :dance:

Damnnn... bent valves.... heads off.... mmmmmmmmm... :ponder2:

... would be rude not to drop in some forged pistons and rods... some arp studs and proper headgaskets.... :shhh:

... you're halfway there anyway lol... :icon_biggrin:

... and then... bring on the ring.... Brrraaaooppppp... Braaaooopppp! :icon_grin:

Good luck with her mate - well wear! :thumbsup:

Fair play Dec,I love the foresters, great value in them, best of luck with project????

good to have you back dec , congrats on new jeep .

a lil surprised as thought you would replace mini tool with something more track focused for the trip .

best of luck with it :54:
The plan was to buy a mini clubman s and use that but I couldn't turn this down at the money, and iv always liked the forester.
Also I forgot to mention its a commercial [emoji6]
So 333 tax a year [emoji16]

Another aspect of forester ownership is that there basically a new age wrx so most impreza mods fit them

If you want to be technical, it's in Bray, Co. Dublin[emoji23] Once over the river Dargel, its Co. Wicklow [emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

Not true my friend , while the industrial yarns complex is technically county dublin , castle street is in county wicklow :icon_grin: have had this debate before and I was right that time ,

good man. Now go make a new thread with ''guess my numbers'' and lets see who will guess it right ot be closest :54:

Im baffled. Someone posted that was just back from Aongus and my post was in replay to this, how end up in your thread Dec, I havent a clue. And even more I cant find the thread where my post supposed to be :ponder2::facepalm::roll:
anyway its valid for the fozz as well when you build the engine and map it with all parts Charles was so generous to sponsor you with :icon_biggrin:

Im baffled. Someone posted that was just back from Aongus and my post was in replay to this, how end up in your thread Dec, I havent a clue. And even more I cant find the thread where my post supposed to be :ponder2::facepalm::roll:
anyway its valid for the fozz as well when you build the engine and map it with all parts Charles was so generous to sponsor you with :icon_biggrin:

Maybe it was my post. I posted in the "what did you do to your car today" thread about aonghus yesterday but seems to of Vanished..

Well in Dec

Love the foresters too

Delighted your back in a Scooby

Well done

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Back