b4 solinoid box

[quote author=nic spec c link=topic=13388.msg167163#msg167163 date=1236785988]
Good stuff he's a sound fella, delighted for ya and happy motoring :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thanks man, been grinning from ear to ear ever since i dropped him back to the airport. I have caught the subaru bug again thanks to ciaran(rs-ra) for fixing it and bob for mapping it. I had almost lost all interest in the car but its back with a vengence now :icon_grin: :icon_grin:

i have no mods done to my car at all,other then a centre section and back box. as stated before differant gears and temps give slightly differant readings, but its around 7.5 on the primary and 1.1 on the secondary.

How many cars do you have to have for bob to come over to do mapping.
Can anyone ring i thought you had to go with a trader for a map.
Would Andy F be the same.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=13388.msg167286#msg167286 date=1236799255]
[/quote]

Bob recommended having 3 cars for the mapping, 4 at a push but i reckoned 3 was perfect so he would get enough time to map each car to the best they could get.

I, like yourself, thought that you had to go through a trader to get a map done here because the impression thats given is that we have no other choice. Having been previously mapped by Bob, I contacted him initially about going over to the UK myself because I won't do business with Dave or Sti Tuning again. Bob actually suggested that he come over because it would be more financially economical to do so. He suggested getting a couple of people involved to split his travel expenses so thats what i did. It was a great day, the man is a genius in my opinion, he really knows what he's doing.

I'm not sure whether Andy Forrest would be the same or not. I have never had any contact with him so couldn't say for sure. He could possibly do it alright but you'd probably be best to contact him yourself if you had an interest in doing it.

I doubt your doing 1.5 bar on 1 turbo rob..that reading is the 2 boosting together..and if it is you'd have to worry about the shelf life

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=13388.msg167438#msg167438 date=1236850839]
I doubt your doing 1.5 bar on 1 turbo rob..that reading is the 2 boosting together..and if it is you'd have to worry about the shelf life
[/quote]

1.1 in primary stage, 1.5 in the secondary stage. i.e. 1.1 on the single turbo(primary) and 1.5 after the changeover on the parallel setup (secondary). i don't think i said it was pulling 1.5 on a single turbo :ponder:

As for the shelf life, i'm not too worried. Bob rawle knows the capabilities of the car and how to map it. The turbo's can get colder air in faster so can boost more without straining to get air. The extra boost on the primary allows the secondary to make the higher boost.

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=13388.msg167286#msg167286 date=1236799255]
[/quote]

Not sure if there would be a huge saving with Andy F to be honest.

Looking at the price Damo is doing for remap, plugs, filter & fuel pump I can't see there being a saving to be honest, Damo's prices are really low.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=13388.msg167453#msg167453 date=1236854990]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=13388.msg167438#msg167438 date=1236850839]
[/quote]

1.1 in primary stage, 1.5 in the secondary stage. i.e. 1.1 on the single turbo(primary) and 1.5 after the changeover on the parallel setup (secondary). i don't think i said it was pulling 1.5 on a single turbo :ponder:

As for the shelf life, i'm not too worried. Bob rawle knows the capabilities of the car and how to map it. The turbo's can get colder air in faster so can boost more without straining to get air. The extra boost on the primary allows the secondary to make the higher boost.
[/quote]

No you dint say I was just wondering ..wasn't questioning the map just wondering if the 1.5 figure was both turbos spooling together..from what I was hearing on uklegacy 1,.2 is the accepetable limit of the turbo's(single)

It will peak at 1.2 on the primary if you floor it from the right revs but generally it peaks at 1.1 and always settles at 1bar before the changeover. Changeover is very quick now, i couldnt believe the difference afterwards. Induction with 2 cold air feeds helps getting a bit more air in a bit quicker too :icon_grin:

Back