B4 side lights

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
I want to change out the standard ones for white ones so i took out the bulb last night to see what type it was. The bulb has 2 filaments in it which is not unusual but i've no idea what the second filament is for cause it never lights up no matter what lights i switch on or off. I took off the other side but the bulb was the same as well. The connector is a 3 pin connector so does any1 know what it is for or are any1 elses bulbs different?

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=7418.msg87861#msg87861 date=1211492734]
The second filament is for when you indicate. The side light comes on with it! :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Thats it If your lights are on when you indicate it lights up th side of the car

there a pathfinder bulb and there a pain i must have gone through about 20 odd of them in the 2 and a half years i've had my b4

Nice one! Where did you get those from? And your white lights over reg plate? Nearly sure it was your car i seen them on. Can't find them anywhere.

thanks for bringing this up.....was only wonderin after the meet on thursday why the side lights need to come on when indicating.....what is the purpose of this?
also dan can you tell me what type of bulb is in the side lights......are they bayonet cap or are they the capless type. cheers mick

They are Bayonet cap (just googled what that is) with opposite pins.. other than that, same size and shape as the indicator bulbs..

Have the white LED side lights on my leggy so here it is with the standard bulb

DSC00288.jpg

and with the LED(not a gr8 pic but will put up pics l8r when it gets dark)

DSC00290.jpg

Back