b4 legacy boost problems

You will only have more power if you up the boost and map accordingly with associated mods. And you will find plenty of mapped cars that have melted too.

Was having the same problems myself with boost, your best bet is to check all your vaccum pipes, there's probably a split or cracked pipe somewhere. Theres also the vaccum solenoid underneath the plastic engine cover, your throttle cable is bolted to it, mine had packed in which was part of my problem, have someone check that out for you too.

As for the whole re-map business, if you intend on keeping the car standard i wouldn't worry about a re-map, just run your car on Maxol E5 and booster (which you can get from the traders on here) and you'll be grand. Service your car regularly and don't thrash it and you won't have to worry about melting a piston. If however you are gonna start modifying your car ie de-cat downpipe, front mount intercooler etc then a re-map is essential to make the most of your mods. The re-map will help reduce what we legacy drivers call the valley of death but it won't get rid of it altogether.

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=19371.msg239156#msg239156 date=1259231559]
Hi B4_RSK,

Did you get your car fixed in Ali's place? or is this the complete wrong person?
[/quote]

Yeah got the re-build done by Ali, was that your silver legacy he had up there?

Yea it was, just getting the pistion replaced and checking over everything else. running great now after the that and the re-map

So howz yours running? Is it a single turbo set you have on it?

Yeah mine is running great now,there were a couple of bad months but we're through the worst of it :lol: She's still a twin turbo set up, gonna keep her that way, it'd be a sin to convert it to a single turbo and i know a few lads with legacys feel the same :thumbsup:

Ahh good to hear your running great :thumbsup:

Mines grand now too, had a few dark weeks there but all good now. Getting 4pots tomorrow so cant wait :)

Want to get the face lift lights but they will have to wait! Good luck with her :subaru:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=19371.msg239414#msg239414 date=1259329529]

Mines grand now too, had a few dark weeks there but all good now. Getting 4pots tomorrow so cant wait :)

Want to get the face lift lights but they will have to wait! Good luck with her :subaru:
[/quote]

Will the facelift lights fit?? IIRC they are either smaller or bigger than the other ones and so you'll end up needing to change grille, bonnet and possibly wings. Think Dagnut might be the man to give you a definate answer on this. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=19371.msg239416#msg239416 date=1259329720]
[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=19371.msg239414#msg239414 date=1259329529]

[/quote]

Will the facelift lights fit?? IIRC they are either smaller or bigger than the other ones and so you'll end up needing to change grille, bonnet and possibly wings. Think Dagnut might be the man to give you a definate answer on this. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

NO wings are fine, bumper and bonnet have to match the lights

Ahh :angry1:

I thought it was a swap job, might just leave it then. I am sure I can think of something else to get.

Thanks for the help lads :smile:

Ah good stuff, 4 pots are a bit of an improvment over the standard ones :thumbsup:

I'm in the process of giving my legacy a facelift, have a 2002 late blitzen front bumper on the way from japland and am sourcing the lights and bonnet and grill at the moment :icon_grin:

hoping to have her looking like this in a few weeks except different wheels

Legacy.jpg

Legacy2.jpg

Back