Awesome S5 98 WRC Tarmac footage!

Re: Awesome S5 99 WRC Tarmac footage!

That's what it's all about!

Its that car's fault I want an impreza!

As above seeing footage of scoobys in battle was what made me want to have my own one day :subaru: :subaru:

What a fantastic vid, and as someone else said, its videos like that that made me buy a Scoob.

There is one problem though. If you look at almost all forms of Motorsport in relation to cars, todays version is a watered down diluted version of what it used to be. Take Rallying, the days of the Group B monsters, Formula 1, the fire spitting Turbo charged animals, BTTC, the Cossies! The thrill is gone out of it for me. Bring back unrestricted turbos, Group B type rally cars and put the turbos back on the F1 cars.....................please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point Alan !!!!!

It is a lot safer though :dontknow: :dontknow:

I think the F1 engine / car as is ; is spot on and in my opinion the new rule about most 1st places takes the title is a great idea.
What drives me mad are all these new restrictions they bring out each year for down force , spoilers etc....... I mean, that new F1 rear wing,
looks like some thing off the BARRY BOYS website :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

WRC on the other hand has been far to slow for many years and with the vast improvements to active diffs (not allowed now :wall:) braking, handling
there is no reason why these cars could all easily be running 450bhp + and we could see some serious action.

Never mind the fact that there will be no WRC just S2000 from 2010/2011 onwards :icon_cry: :icon_cry:

Niall.

without doubt the nicest subaru to date.

I'd have to say honestly that i'd prefere to see a big Irish Rally like Donegal or Kilarney more so than the WRC as out side of the WRC itself, Ireland has the most ex WRC's. Yeah they might have a bit more talent but we have the cars!!

ye it was lovely to watch that great find, and i think possably the best lookin impreza ever, and i know it might sound stupid but why does the car chirp when slowin down, sounds amazin tho :subaru: :subaru: :multijump:

I thinks its the sound of something called a "slipper clutch" which I'm guessing probably holds the torque from the engine a bit better & allows for quicker acceleration after a gear change!

[quote author=Gary O link=topic=14119.msg174746#msg174746 date=1238866047]
I thinks its the sound of something called a "slipper clutch" which I'm guessing probably holds the torque from the engine a bit better & allows for quicker acceleration after a gear change!
[/quote]

Was at a rally before and a fella beside me said it was Denis Croinns fan belt slipping :cuckoo: :roll:. Nearly fell off the ditch laughing. Sweet driving , could watch it all day :icon_headbang: :thumbsup:

Back