Auto Glym.

nice job eric,

i only ever used thta stuff on my leggy, and in between waxes i used to use warm water with shower gel..!! its not as potent as washing up liquid and it give a great shin to the car..!! makes if smell nice too..!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

slan

smurf

Savage work Eric, the black comes up a treat. Thanks for the write-up, very useful.

if you want to stick your comments and Pics of your findings up here also fell free as I'm sure the lads would love to know how good these products really are.
Here's my tuppence worth...

It's some work I did a few weekends ago on my door shuts since it's about 6 months since I last gave them some proper protection. Photos are crap quality since I didn't want to risk drowning the digital camera so I used my phone, but you get the idea. This is what they looked like before.
rear..
12072008001.jpg

..and front...
12072008002.jpg

First off, tools for the job. One B&Q builders bucket with Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo and Conditioner and a Tesco cheapo cotton mitt (they are door shuts after all). Since I don't have the balls to powerwash/hose off the shuts for fear of drowning the interior, I use a second builders bucket with plain water in it, big sponge to rinse off the Autoglym Shampoo and an Autoglym Synthetic Chamois to dry off to prevent horrible water spots. No degreaser needed since the shuts were given a good going over a few months ago.

12072008.jpg

Next up, wash the shuts with the mitt, rinse with the sponge and dry with the chamois to leave this

12072008003.jpg

Now for the polish, Autoglym Super Resin Polish, applied with a Meguiars foam applicator pad

12072008006.jpg

Unfortunately, I have no pics of the polish curing as I was under a bit of time pressure, but I left the polish cure for a few minutes and buffed off with a microfibre towel like the one in Eric's pics. Now that the paintwork had been brought to a shine with the polish, time to seal in the finish with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection sealant.

12072008007.jpg

This was applied with a Halfords cotton valeting cloth and buffed off with the same microfibre as the polish. The finished product looked something like this...

12072008011.jpg

..until I drove through a few puddles which has a few spots on the finish but the beauty of taking the time to achieve this finish is that a wipe with Quik Detailer restores the finish pretty easily to keep me going for another few months until the shuts need another coat of TLC.

Thanks for reading

Thanks for that Doggy. :thumbsup:

Thats what it all about. :dance:

Lads Add your own bit to create the ultimate cleaning guide for Subaru's with Auto Glym. :subaru:

Good thread eric. Car looks well. When I heard Ted's presentation I realised I know nothing about cleaning a car! There was so much stuff!

I have one of those car polishers. it came with a normal cloth cover and a furry cloth cover. What the proper way to polish your car with one of these ? Do u put the wax on normally or with the polisher ?

I don't know Kanye. I think you only use this for polishing. Polish on with the normal pad and off with the furry cloth. I think you apply Wax by hand.

Hi....I only registered to ask you to please not use the microfibre cloths you put on the grass :shock: :D :lol: grtting grass out of the cloths is a nightmare.

I still think we should have a detailing section, surely if we can have a child board for Achmed, then we could have one somewhere for detailing please?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=8432.msg100881#msg100881 date=1216748460]
I still think we should have a detailing section, surely if we can have a child board for Achmed, then we could have one somewhere for detailing please?
[/quote]

I second that

To the best of my knowledge, polish is used to for the shine, removing swirl marks etc and then the wax is a protectant but helps with the shine as well..

[quote author=doggy link=topic=8432.msg100941#msg100941 date=1216760787]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=8432.msg100881#msg100881 date=1216748460]
[/quote]

I second that
[/quote][quote author=daveR link=topic=8432.msg100986#msg100986 date=1216770594]
And i third it :D :D :D
[/quote]

Motion carried!!!! Admin, get to creating!! Maybe a child board in the technical Q&A section would be good. pleeeeeeease..... :D :D

i've been usin the autoglym stuff for years now i find it to be very good i use the super resin polish and the window polish is good to

i bought some engine degreaser and vynal and rubber care.... im going to give cleaning the engine bay a go..... hopefully at the weekend.... so ill put up some before and after pictures.....

Well lads.

The Auto Glym lad said that the more you use this stuff the better it works, so I got up this morning and set to work. Have to say three hours later I was very happy with the results.

The colour was much improved with the mitallic blue come through strong in the light and Swirl had been reduced more then it has since I have owned the car. I was very happy with the way it turned out this time.

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00110-1.jpg

DSC00111-2.jpg

DSC00107.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

:thumbsup: :subaru:

Back