Aussie Rules

PatrickBuzzin

Anyone interested in Aussie rules football have a look at the Brisbane Lions game against Fremanle this wknd. One of my best mates is playing for them. Has had a tough two years over there with home sickness and injuries but he is back in the senior team for the 1st time this season. Gonna be glued to this game on Sat nite. Pearce Hanley is his name.

Ya heard of Pearce a good few times, good player. Martin Clarke is home and playing well for Down, Coney is back with Tyrone I think. Good program about Martin here http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/season_ticket/7052413.stm A good few Irish have gone over in the last few years Clark, Hanley, Dyas, Coney, Setanta and the brother etc. My best friend Benny O'Reilly was playing for New York at the weekend against Galway. If the two New York lads werent sent off they would of beat Galway. They had to rely on Joyce alot. There were within a point of Galway nearing the end. Benny started, he got a point and goes down in a heap after. He went for goal :lol: Had to come off with his hamstring. Any highlights of the game at the weekend Patrick ? I see poor Mayo arent able to go on their "training" holiday now the poor divils :icon_nana:

BennyNewYork.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWUDR1BQSag

Game is on this Sat nite Gary highlights are on TG4 on thursday nites. Not sure of the channel on sky that the game is shown on but its delayed coverage. Will post it Tomorrow when I check. Ya alot have gone over and struggled as has Pearce but things finally seem to be on the up for him as regards injury. We have another lad now in the club that is gonna be offered somethin soon enough. Great for them but its some loss for us as a small club. Only won the championship when Pearce came back in 09. Eastern Harps beat us in Connaught after that as Pearce had to go back to Brisbane. They dont let him play anymore when he is home which is a disaster for us. Seen your posts on Facebook about the lad playin for New York. Shame they didnt beat them. From the few reports Iv seen they seem to be far the better team even with 13. Someone will get caught over there yet. What happened our mate. Hope the injury was not serious. And as for the "training holiday" I dont think that will help them to much. I dunno what to make of them to be honest great league campaign until the final. And then the final well the less said about that the better. Cork missing 9 of there starting players aswell. They will be hard bet this year providing they dont meet Kerry. Didnt fancy our chances going to Sligo before the Cork game and am finding it hard to think they will come out of it with anything now. Ah well we live and hope!!! They joys of supporting Mayo

Back