AP Racing Strap drive Kit

Animal spec-c

Petrolheads
AP Racing Strap drive Kit

As some of you may know ive been on the hunt for replacement discs for my car and i came across these anybody use them all opinions welcome i think im gona go with these as they are very well priced and from what i have heard ap stuff is suppose to be great. please read the following-

Weve done it again, in conjunction with AP Racing technical department, we have made a huge leap in performance braking.

This kit provides a substantial upgrade route over the OEM Gold Brembo brakes for greater performance and safety. (It is initially around the same price as buying new OEM discs & pads from your main dealer). After you are on the strap drive syatem, discs can be bought for MUCH LESS than the cost of replacing OEM items, for a superior quality product.

The benefit of this Patent Pending Strap Drive system over regular bobbin float discs on the market is: -

While still offering superior performance over single piece cast discs, the separate disc and bell assembly massively reduces heat transfer to the hub, reducing pad knock off caused by wheel bearing wear.

It has no moving parts to create wear because there are not drive slots, thrust springs or drive bobbins to clog up with debris or seize with corrosion.

Unlike bobbin drive systems that can produce noise, strap drive is noise free and maintenance free. The major advantage being they will eliminate premature disc warping on track or road applications.

Kit consists of 1 pair of disc and bell strap drive assemblies and 1 set of scalloped pads to suit the OE Brembo 4-pot caliper in Ferodo DS2500 material.

Note: - This shallower pad is needed to clear the straps; it is a standard Brembo pattern available in other friction materials.

Re: AP Racing Strap drive Kit

[quote author=al-hks link=topic=15242.msg187750#msg187750 date=1242921804]
After you are on the strap drive syatem, discs can be bought for MUCH LESS than the cost of replacing OEM items, for a superior quality product.

[/quote]

OEM pads are 60mm, these are 50mm so wont you be going through pads more quickly? thereby not saving money in the long run??

Cant see 10mm haven a drastic impact on the life span of the pad ?the info i got was on the discs that they would last longer and offer superb braking over the standard discs

How much are they selling these for now?
They used to be an outrageous price, in last years demon-tweeks catalog they were advertised at £730!!! :icon_omg:
The AP stuff is top of the range though :thumbsup:
I think Performance Friction Brakes have something similar for around £520 - link
I think DBA do two piece discs with alloy bells that may be cheaper.

Could be interested in these in the near future Al. Keep us post on what you decide and how you get on with them if you go for them.

[quote author=johnjoe link=topic=15242.msg187777#msg187777 date=1242927559]
How much are they selling these for now?
They used to be an outrageous price, in last years demon-tweeks catalog they were advertised at £730!!! :icon_omg:
The AP stuff is top of the range though :thumbsup:
I think Performance Friction Brakes have something similar for around £520 - link
I think DBA do two piece discs with alloy bells that may be cheaper.
[/quote]
i looked into dba before i can get front and rear discs and pads from the usa for 1200$ but the import duty would nearly double the price i see the performance friction discs would b over 500 and you have to buy the pads then

AP stuff is top quality in the braking department!!!!
looks like a good deal alan!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

al a crowd up north drift kits.eu is the web site do dba brake discs you could give them a ring they might do better than the usa price :thumbsup:

Nice lookin gear.

You could just go down the harbour and stroke two anchors and build a little james bond device for the boot.lol

:smokin:

Back