ap 6 pots vs brembos

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
I was planning to upgrade to brembos later in the year, but came across ap 6 pots with discs and pads at ok money.

I could however have a full brembo setup either, cost the same.

So full brembos with decent pads and discs

or ap 6 pots 330mm with rear classic 2 pots with the 290mm type r disc.

Is there much of a difference?

Have had brembos in a lot of cars and great setup but I have 6 pot aps in one car with standard subaru twin pots in rear and serious stopping power, using pagid pads at the moment but have had ferodo ds 2500 also very good pad.
Pad and disc as important as caliper quality

That setup you have is exactly what I'm running, 6 pot up front and rear type r setup, works very well for me. Have brembo setup on other type r and prefer the aps.

And I have another type r project that I had front and rear brembos for and I sold them to buy front 6 pot aps and will be running rear twin pot as well so aps definitely get my vote

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with brembos but You won't go wrong with the Ap's that a good caliper desgin too and look fresh with only 1 set of pads used and sure he might take an offer :thumbsup:

I have made the changes to 6 pot aps from 4 pot brembos while the brembos are deadly the aps are just that bit stronger not much but have more bite out them. pad combo is important to if you come across a good set go for it won't be disappointed

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Brembo?s are a fantastic caliper road or track with good pads.
Ran them for years on standard discs with DS2500, never an issue on track.

Changed to 6 pot AP?S because the thread went south on the Brembo?s when changing discs.

Only issue is Brembo?s go brown with lots of heat and the rear Brembo?s don?t!

AP?S are another lever of stopping power!! On track you really leave braking to an after thought as they just stop when you want!

Much harder pedal and brake way later!

They take abuse and last for years, proper solid caliper.

Paint will fade over time from wheel cleaner etc... but they keep performing 100%.

Back