Aos placement on rhd?

johnkin

Hi guys,
Just wondering if anyone has mounted an iag or similar air oil separator on our rhd cars? Really like the iag one but can't see anything on rhd install and iag aren't being very helpful either.
Thanks in advance and any suggestions welcome.

Rcm do an option for rhd cars , have one in my classic and is an excellent job . Don’t waste your money on the grimmspeed oil cap
One , they are useless

Thanks, was looking at the rcm one alright. Do you think the iag one would install in the same place? Was installation difficult?

Thanks, was looking at the rcm one alright. Do you think the iag one would install in the same place? Was installation difficult?
I’ve no idea , generally stuff for lhd cars don’t fit unless your handy at fabrication.
the rcm one was easy to install as I had the engine out at the time . It’s in the car 7 years now and never an issue

7 years, good kit so. I presume its maintenance free then, or can you open it up for cleaning?

I also have an RCM one in my SpecC. Tidy job mounted against the firewall on passenger side and return to sump.

cHRgPAwl.jpg

Thanks lads, looks like a good job. I've asked iag to check out for me as they said it has been done. If that doesn't work I'll deffo look into the rcm one.
Cheers.

Hi lads, just wondering if ye checked to see if the rcm aos removes much or all of the blow back? Is it easy to clean the can?
The more I look into the different options the more confused I am, they all seem to work but some are cooled and cost around 4 times as much!!

Hi lads, just wondering if ye checked to see if the rcm aos removes much or all of the blow back? Is it easy to clean the can?
The more I look into the different options the more confused I am, they all seem to work but some are cooled and cost around 4 times as much!!
Can I ask What’s the reason for buying it ? What are you trying to achieve?
Is it a forged engine ?

The rcm will vent the crankcase center baffled breather and the two rocker covers into the tank and return to sump . The none heated setup will cause condensation in our cold climate but depending on how the car is driven should burn off quickly and cause no issues .
They work great, no oil in intercooler pipes and no consumption due to the turbo drawing the oil vapour in and burning it then in the engine .

It’s not really intended for a daily driver that get started and driven 10-15mins to work and then turned off .
More so a weekend car with a forged engine that gets driven quite hard and heavy track use .

Just to add, you really get what you pay for when it comes to stuff like this , I had a few home made cans and the grimmspeed aos , all absolutely useless. The rcm kit was fit and forget ,other than the cleaning once a year.

Hi Baz,
Thanks for the reply.
The rcm looks like a great unit but wouldnt iag not do the same thing even on a daily driver? From what I understand the only difference is the iag unit uses the coolant lines to help combat condensation.
I would also think both units need to be driven on a bit in order to clear them out from time to time.

Unfortunately I have already paid for the iag aos and when I asked could cancel the order there's a 20% cancellation fee!! Pretty lowsey as it hasn't even left there yet! All that said I'd still save a few pound with the rcm unit and have less hastle installing it I would imagine.

Where did you buy it? If the company is based in the EU and it was online, you will have a cooling off period once you receive it. Simply contact the company and exercise this right. Return it unopened (at your expense) and you'll receive a full refund.

Hi Baz,
Thanks for the reply.
The rcm looks like a great unit but wouldnt iag not do the same thing even on a daily driver? From what I understand the only difference is the iag unit uses the coolant lines to help combat condensation.
I would also think both units need to be driven on a bit in order to clear them out from time to time.

Unfortunately I have already paid for the iag aos and when I asked could cancel the order there's a 20% cancellation fee!! Pretty lowsey as it hasn't even left there yet! All that said I'd still save a few pound with the rcm unit and have less hastle installing it I would imagine.
The heated ones would suit better for a daily alright , I was more asking what your reason for installing?

Myself and John do a lot of Trackdays so it a huge benefit to our cars .

Hi Baz,
Thanks for the reply.

If You paid by credit card contact your bank and do a chargeback to your credit card,it will be the full amount returned.

The heated ones would suit better for a daily alright , I was more asking what your reason for installing?

Myself and John do a lot of Trackdays so it a huge benefit to our cars .
I don't plan on dining anything major like forged or anything but I do hope to increase the boost a bit and make it as a reliable as possible.
Hope to get out to a few track days also once I have it ready to go!
Have you installed the cylinder 4 cooling mod also then? I've got the aos, cylinder 4 mod and mishi rad, hopefully thatll increase reliability and allow me up the boost safefully!

I don't plan on dining anything major like forged or anything but I do hope to increase the boost a bit and make it as a reliable as possible.
Hope to get out to a few track days also once I have it ready to go!
Have you installed the cylinder 4 cooling mod also then? I've got the aos, cylinder 4 mod and mishi rad, hopefully thatll increase reliability and allow me up the boost safefully!

I've seen the cylinder 4 mod. Seems handy enough to do but haven't looked in to it much myself as to the benefits.

Back