Anyone else driving around in that weather?

B4_RSK

Petrolheads
:icon_omg: :icon_omg: my god it was sheer panic today on the roads,comin back from kinnegad and it was like driving in a shallow river on the motorway,ppl pulled onto the hard shoulder,other ppl reversing up the slip road down into lucan cos the road was flooded and me in my leggy drivin around in snow tires so yeah lots of fun :lol: :icon_biggrin: hav some vids i'll try and put them up :geek:

jesus i'd say so,thats one reason i'd never get a bike i'd lose the head too quick and end up puttin the helmet thru the windscreen of a car :lol:

Just had a nice drive into work on the backroads... Some amount of water that has fallen... floods everywhere... even seen an izuzu pickup in a flooded ditch facing the wrong way with the owner in complete shock.. probably a write off... pure chaos..

Seen cyclists too, was fun soaking them.. the scourge of our roads :roll: :roll: :roll: :multijump:

It was pretty shite alright. Was up the top of lugnaquilla today. Just got down before any rain started falling thankfully

Went walking up to the top. One of the lads I train with is doing the 4 peaks challenge in sept. We'd no training today so himself his mate, me and my younger brother went went for a walk up to the top. It was either that or spending a few hours in the gym

was driving in the aul lads jeep earlier, intense to say the least

it was insane! water every where dublin in now an underwater city! talking to a your man in the maxol, his cousin just called him his car is under water up to the windows! :shock2:

Was just watching the news, did anyone see the N3? Its like a lake....

[quote author=JohnM link=topic=8801.msg104698#msg104698 date=1218311156]
Buy yerselves Land Rovers and drive through any flood :multijump:[/quote]

John,

Do they do them with a periscope, to go along with the "snorkel"?

Ha ha, seroius alright. Was heading over to Beaumont to see a mate but got a call to avoid the N3. Glad I brought the defender as If it was the Scooby I'd be stranded :cuckoo:
Cheers
John

Was out working in it all day, nuts to say the least!!
DSC00788.jpg

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00784.jpg

Really bad alright.

I went to meet Chris555 from Finglas at the North side in Collock and it took me over an hour to get there and the same to get back. I was driving at one stage with water coming up over the bonnet. Madness. At on stage Everyone was mounting the path but it was to high for the impreza to get up so I just floored it. Luckly it came out the other side but other wheren't so lucky. I was one car on the M1 under the Santry Collock bridge with the water up to it's windows.

Took me 2 hours to get from Knocklyon exit on M50 to Blanchardstown N3 exit from 7pm to 9pm. Turned off the N3 into Blanchardstown Village, trying to avoid more traffic, best move i ever made further on up the N3 at Blanchardstown shopping centre was completely flooded. Came out of the cinema now and Cars stranded on the N3 flooded up to their roof with people sitting on top of their cars crazy! Stay away from N3 until morning!

Mate of mine is still at the back of the airport, been sitting there since 8pm... said people are just flying through it, coming out with bumpers hanging off.. he said some lad in an A8 went for it and the engine got flooded so the owner and his son had to get out and push it through the other side where it is still parked..

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=8801.msg104746#msg104746 date=1218326101]
Mate of mine is still at the back of the airport, been sitting there since 8pm...
[/quote]

i have to go to the airport tomorrow, lets pray the sun comes out in the morning :icon_pray:

went in to collect the other half from work at 6 oclock should off turned back when i had to mount the path on the coast road but soldiered on and didnt get home until 10.30. usually takes me 40mins to go get her and get home. :wall: :wall: :wall:

was getting diverted all over dublin by the garda. didnt stop for any lights as did no one else. :smokin: stressed to the hilt i was. :icon_twisted:

went ino white hall and had to come back out as it was so bad the people were out off there housere roof was on the surface off the wateres at the end off there block it was crazy there cars were only seen because there roofs were on the surface off the water :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

drove through one flood that i thought was alright, ended up deeper than i expected, came out of it and went to change gear, it wouldnt change and the clutch pedal stayed on the floor! i pulled it up with my hand and it started working again! lucky

Back