Any Members living in Australia now???

ianmulvihill

Sunday Drivers
Hey just checking is there any members living in Aus now, I myself have moved over living in Perth now, gettin a Scooby in the next week or two, brand new ones here are half price compared to Ireland prices, They have a new shape WRX Saloon model here don't know if it's at home, check this web pape for pic's citysubaru.com.au then check the price only 26000 euro for a new one. Tis sweet..... :subaru:

One of the guys here (cant remember who) recently returned home back to Ireland saying things were no better there than they are here.

Best of luck to you down there.

Hi Ian, I am not living there but have been to Perth 5 times and I got married there. What part are you living in? It's a fantastic city and I love the place, some great spots to go to in the city. My brother is living in the Gold Coast, that place is like paradise. Can't wait to go back.

The new model definitely looks sweet. It's beautiful. The interior looks great too.
Just out of interest, Ian, do they sell many diesel models over there?

Adrian.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=19167.msg235013#msg235013 date=1257678624]
One of the guys here (cant remember who) recently returned home back to Ireland saying things were no better there than they are here.

[/quote]

That was Chris555. Used to have a Bug eye JDM. :thumbsup:

I think it was Gary O you boys are talking about & did he not go to New Zealand?

We have a member living in OZ at the moment, six spoke clive is out there somewhere :thumbsup:

im in sydney and loving it, just after watching the news there and they reckon thr recession will be fully gone in jan. :dontknow:

[quote author=adrianfa link=topic=19167.msg235073#msg235073 date=1257709182]
The new model definitely looks sweet. It's beautiful. The interior looks great too.
Just out of interest, Ian, do they sell many diesel models over there?

Adrian.
[/quote]

I haven't seen one yet, petrol is cheap here about half the price of home, so maybe thats why. I'll keep an eye out tho.

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=19167.msg235020#msg235020 date=1257682693]
Hi Ian, I am not living there but have been to Perth 5 times and I got married there. What part are you living in? It's a fantastic city and I love the place, some great spots to go to in the city. My brother is living in the Gold Coast, that place is like paradise. Can't wait to go back.
[/quote]

I'm living 2:30 hours drive South at the moment in a town called Margaret River, I was living in Millpoint and Northbridge for awhile. It's a class place alright.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=19167.msg235013#msg235013 date=1257678624]

[/quote]

Things here now are booming, work everywhere I'm here 3 months now, got work in less then a week when I got here. If anyone is thinking of coming over now is the right time....

Reason Australia won't struggle is because they are dependent on the Chineese ecomoy and not the Amercian. Chinees industry is growing at an unbelievable rate, Australia has the minerals and ores be a while before they really struggle

Margaret river is a beautiful spot, I went there in 2005. There is a fantastic little vineyard there not far outside the town and they sell a red wine called Mellow Rouge. It's made specifically to be refridgerated, yep, red wine chilled. It is gorgeous and you could drink it straight out of the bottle. I can't remember the name of the vineyard at the moment but if you ask locally it should be easy to track it down. Try to get yourself a few bottles. Another great spot is the caves, I think the one I went to was called Giants cave, it's worth a look. Anyway I'm jealous you lucky fecker, enjoy it.

Hey just keeping ye update with my Australia travels I bought a 1986 Subaru L- Series 1800cc 4WD, I haven't taken pictures of it yet but this is what it going to look like........Mines white, perfect body work, running well needs some TLC was owned by a wowan for a few years, I'm going kiting it out to go traveling around Oz. Let me know what ye think of the project, I've found a bolt on turbo for it already, since I could find a turbo model anywhere in WA.

31154410002_large.jpg
31154410003_large.jpg

Back