Anticipation.........is that the right word?

That video , just sums up the whole thing with attending a rally event .
You get up at all hours to trek for ages in the dark , across muddy fields and forests , just to get a good viewing point .
Then wait for many many hours looking at the shrubbery around you until the buzz starts . The first few vehicles start to pass , a few off road vehicles containing many important men in hi-viz vests , the stage inspectors , then a few crappy cars sent out to make sure the route is passable. Then another long wait , until finally you hear something in the distance , the unmistakable sound of anti lag , the squeal of red hot evo brakes ,the sound of 4 tyres scrabbling for grip , then the marshal's whistle blows , and in a blink of an eye the car zooms past you in a flurry of excitement , and then its over.

:lol: :lol:
True true, and typically enough, all that in the p1ssing rain!

2 main things I noticed about that video, are that the camera had a savage Zoom!!
Did you see the little girl in pink straight on from the braking point? Might be just me being a father of a little girl, but what ever about putting myself in harms way like that. I'd not have my baby sat there!!

Good video :thumbsup:
Dan

[quote author=silverbullitt link=topic=25606.msg301902#msg301902 date=1281291331]
That video , just sums up the whole thing with attending a rally event .
You get up at all hours to trek for ages in the dark , across muddy fields and forests , just to get a good viewing point .
Then wait for many many hours looking at the shrubbery around you until the buzz starts . The first few vehicles start to pass , a few off road vehicles containing many important men in hi-viz vests , the stage inspectors , then a few crappy cars sent out to make sure the route is passable. Then another long wait , until finally you hear something in the distance , the unmistakable sound of anti lag , the squeal of red hot evo brakes ,the sound of 4 tyres scrabbling for grip , then the marshal's whistle blows , and in a blink of an eye the car zooms past you in a flurry of excitement , and then its over.
[/quote]

That almost reads like petrolhead Poetry !

thanks tommy , thats kind of what i was going for ,
although i was cut short at the end by the woman, who called me for emm dinner ...

Back