Another Question

Aaron

Petrolheads
I'm sorry but here is another question?!?

Im slowly learning about subarus so please forgive me

Right..........

So as ye know i was changing the bulbs in the car today, and i was having a good look around the engine bay at all the different cables, tubes etc etc..
and then i noticed under my Baielys DV12 Dump Value was a pipe that has be capped off! I thought this was strange so i went into my box of stuff for the car and found the orignal value.

The orignal value has a place for the pipe to hook up to, which then goes to the turbo as far as i can see.

still learning please remember :)

So the DV12 came on the car when i got it, i'm right to say that it is a 100% atmosphere venting vaule? Which clearly gives off the dump value sound..

So here are the questions...

1. Do you lose turbo boost?
2. if it hasnt been remaped for it - do you use alot more petrol or you just use more cos maf thinks it should be getting more air that it really is?
3. can you buy aftermarket dump values that do like 50/50 = atmosphere/Recirculating
4. im guessing it will reduce turbo life - im i right to say dump value due venting the air its not going back to turbo and making it slow down or stop when it shouldnt
5. should i even be thinking about htis or worrying about it :)

Please answer each one for me.. if there is anything you think i should know please say it.

Thanks in advance :)

Aaron

as above No
Your car came with a dump valve as standard, but to keep the noise down, its a recirculating valve..
When you are on boost and you lift your foot, the air has no where to go, but either back through the turbo which creates a fluttering sound which most standard cars turbo is not able for or through a release valve,
so you lift your, throttle body closes and the valve opens, either letting the air out into atmosphere or piping it back into inlet pipe before the turbo.

1.If there was a problem with a dumpvalve or its fitting it would be possible to loose some boost .

.2.The recirc air goes in after the maf so isnt measured

.3. not that i know of and why would you bother

.4. they are ment to help spool up and increase the turbo life over not using a valve of any kind

5. Nothing to think por worry about, there is no difference in using standr or aftermarket other than the noise

Back