Another Classic V2 STi RA on its way here

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Got this Thursday night in the Ju Fukuoka Auction in way down Southern Japan for my cousin. Grade 3 with 113k seems to be a good straight car with the usual few marks etc. Gettin hard enough got now there was another with only 59k Grade 3.5 the day before but missed it.
Nice to see a few cars coming in again.
Goin through Paddy at jdmauctionwatch.com (same as my own) and is nothing but helpful.
Not expecting to see it until January maybe but looking forward to it.
He now has rally car, recce car and a spare white V-Limited shell if it all goes wrong someday!!

Bet he is delighted with it, nice to see them coming in again.

I'm a good mate of Paddys we used to bring cars in together a few years back, can vouch for JDM auction watch 110% I actually collected your car out of the port with my trade plates really solid car to drive quicker than my own as well.

[quote author=bevan link=topic=43093.msg494075#msg494075 date=1414255492]
Bet he is delighted with it, nice to see them coming in again.

I'm a good mate of Paddys we used to bring cars in together a few years back, can vouch for JDM auction watch 110% I actually collected your car out of the port with my trade plates really solid car to drive quicker than my own as well.
[/quote]

Yeah bevan i recognise the username from my Toyota days!
Ya Paddy said you mentioned to him that it seemed quicker than you one, i must check out what ECU is in it.

Lookin forward to seeing this one come in if its anybit as clean as mine he will be laughin.

[quote author=colly link=topic=43093.msg494074#msg494074 date=1414255152]
Gorgeous , are they big money ? .
[/quote]

Not really. Not in my eyes anyway, as they are my favourite type of Impreza. Hard to say if you think they are big money or not as there are none for sale in Ireland.

[quote author=Fran k link=topic=43093.msg494084#msg494084 date=1414258817]
Did you get a vrt quote yet?
[/quote]

Yes, why do you ask?

Have been looking at similar ones at auctions myself but the vert site doesn't seem to list sti only wrx. Is it there somewhere or do you just call? Thanks

Actually interested to know the VRT myself, if you don't want to post online would you mind PM'ing me. Thats a nice solid looking example. I definitely thought yours had much more power up the rev range as well as low down torque than mine, I wondered had it been remapped. It's a lovely example and you know yourself very few in the auctions these days so it's a keeper. Love the look of the revolutions on it.

@frank Version 1-4 would compare well with values for a very good example here but version 5 on you are looking at pretty strong money as a lot more international demand seems to be about for the later classics.

Personally having owned all of the classics and a newage, I prefer the V1/V2 which is why I have ended up keeping my own so long they are just a more involved drive they have a different feel.

www.jdmauctionwatch.com if you want prices on something let me know, I have access to the statistic sales, and can tell you what Paddy will ask you for something home and landed I have his pricing structure here.

I am biased as a mate but I can genuinely say I would recommend him 100% only positive feedback if you look around the net or ask about.

Like your own car, good to see imports coming back in, I think I would like to import my next car in a couple of years.

Nice car that ,seen it go through auction!! That will be two V2 Sti ra's on the next boat to Ireland soh :yellowthumb:

Yes Gizmo just saw your thread! Will hopefully have some better pics of this coming soon.

Just looked at the auction sheet there shes grade 3 and the interior is d. So I presume she's a project car that a load of love is going to pumped into to get her back to factory spec. Love the old school looks.

[quote author=scrawnban link=topic=43093.msg505015#msg505015 date=1422539405]
Just looked at the auction sheet there shes grade 3 and the interior is d. So I presume she's a project car that a load of love is going to pumped into to get her back to factory spec. Love the old school looks.
[/quote]

You would doin fair well to find anything over grade 3 over there now. If is was it would big coin.

Back