Alcatek ECU

Fozzy

Petrolheads
Considering mapping options and have come across an alcatek ECU with dongle and software, seller states it is unlocked (paid extra so it would be mappable in Sweeden)

Question - if it is indeed unlocked (he said he?ll send on video of him accessing it) is it a viable option in Ireland - will someone be able to map it with the dongle and software?

I know that there is no support now for alcatek but if it is all unlocked, is there an need for support or should I go a different route?

Cheers

Maybe if you put what you have in a email to him tell him everything about car spec etc and your an isdc member he should get back to you email is best I found I say he?ll give you a straight enough answer I have his details somewhere if you need them

Maybe if you put what you have in a email to him tell him everything about car spec etc and your an isdc member he should get back to you email is best I found I say he?ll give you a straight enough answer I have his details somewhere if you need them

Cheers, I have his details there already - I?ll send him another mail and maybe a message on Instagram as well :54:

Once you get that first bit of contact should look after does a good job

iv alcatek , duncan @ racedynamics mapped it originally through dave @RSR ,i was going to get it tweaked as was told its on a "super safe map", but after 1 year run-in period , i wanted to explore if more was available from it joe power and anghous(booked paid deposit , unable to unlock?) have both told me i need to contact alcatek for a "release code " or something along those lines from alcatek .several attempts but no joy from alcatek .
iv HEARD bob rawle and peter simmons( both do work north of the border ) can both work with alcatek .
iv convinced myself that 300 odd ponies will do me for now , and thus havent persuded it further .

best of luck but from personal experience , id avoid

Explored this option for my old v4 type through ap performance, Alcatek is a very good product better than the esl option I went for but Alcatek customer service is shocking, despite many many many emails they simply won't reply, gave up and went esl route.

Don't know if you can access previously mapped alacatek unit, but don't count on alcatek providing with any access codes,

Ps aonghus does supply, fit

esl daughterboard is a very good product also, worth considering, good bang for your buck, rsr and ap performance supply it.

Last edited:
Explored this option for my old v4 type through ap performance, Alcatek is a very good product better than the esl option I went for but Alcatek customer service is shocking, despite many many many emails they simply won't reply, gave up and went esl route.

Don't know if you can access previously mapped alacatek unit, but don't count on alcatek providing with any access codes,

Ps aonghus does supply, fit

esl daughterboard is a very good product also, worth considering, good bang for your buck, rsr and ap performance supply it.

Cheers man - ESL are not an option for me unfortunately - they don?t support my car and referred me to Ecutek who are also not an option. From all I?ve read and looked into, my only viable options are an Apexi PFC or this alcatek unit. If I?m certain it is all unlocked then I should be safe enough from what?s being said here - I just need to get firm confirmation or else go the Apexi route

iv alcatek , duncan @ racedynamics mapped it originally through dave @RSR ,i was going to get it tweaked as was told its on a "super safe map", but after 1 year run-in period , i wanted to explore if more was available from it joe power and anghous(booked paid deposit , unable to unlock?) have both told me i need to contact alcatek for a "release code " or something along those lines from alcatek .several attempts but no joy from alcatek .
iv HEARD bob rawle and peter simmons( both do work north of the border ) can both work with alcatek .
iv convinced myself that 300 odd ponies will do me for now , and thus havent persuded it further .

best of luck but from personal experience , id avoid

Thanks - yeah I know the support is non existent and I wouldn?t consider it other than the fact that the seller is adamant that it is fully unlocked as he paid extra to have this done and supplied with the security dongle and software I think I?ll ask him for the video and maybe Aonghus can confirm if he can work with it? Thanks again, appreciate it

I?ve alcatek aswell , I bought it through Aonghus so he?s locked to it.
Support is a nightmare as the owner of the ecu has basically stopped trading as far as I know, personally I?d be going with Link or Haltech

Alcatek are finished re support.

I would advise Link from a support point.

Sent from my SM-N910U using Tapatalk

An older ECU option is GEMS. They do come up on e-bay and gumtree. Support is still available. They answer the phone when you ring them!

You won't have the versatility of the Link or newer controllers but if you just want a single map and anti lag it does the job fine.

When ap had trouble accessing myne even though i had dongle , i got back onto "lynn" at TEG (top end garage )in england who i got dongle off . Between her and aounghas acess to ecu was sorted . I thought her very helpful and very prompt with helping . Shout me if your stuck with contact details .

Just forget Alcatek.

I couldn’t recommend Syvecs enough. But ultimately your end goal with car and Ofcourse budget will dictate a lot. Syvecs maybe over kill.
I presume you will end up using Aonghus, so whatever mapper you are going to use you may buy something they are comfortable with using

Link is the go to ecu at the moment for them , plug and play , wideband options , can’t really go wrong,
The car will also have better drive ability with a modern ecu

Back