air intake temp. results

thedoc

Sunday Drivers
A few weeks back i got a scangauge 2 which displays the intake temperature(among other things), anyway i decided to do a test today. The intake temperature is normally about 2 degrees above the outside air temp as shown on the dash. I removed the oem air box and fitted a short ram cone filter; the intake temp rose on average by 15 degrees, 18 at one stage and by 30 degrees when idling.
There has been a fair bit of discussion about removing the air box for cone filters so at least this is definitive, it will drastically raise the intake temp.

yes i got one of these myself a while back, the Intake Air temp is taken from the air flow mass meter to the ecu, if you have the car idiling for a while you will see it raise way up, after some hard driving i was stuck in traffic in belfast the other day and the intake temp went up to 54, thought fook'n nora, but soon as I drove on the temp came away down, air flow ya see. The gauge is also meant to be able to switch fault lights out too, not had any but my mate used it on his focus, it worked. Good bit of kit for the cost.....

Some piece of kit for that sort of money, pity you can't add a couple of sensors to measure oil temp & pressure though - would do away with the need for expensive gauges.

€150 from Scangauge.net. They have a shop on ebay, the only annoying thing is that it keeps turning itself off. They scan tool works it detected and cleared a fault on the buddys WRX.

[quote author=thedoc link=topic=4767.msg51536#msg51536 date=1199263518]
€150 from Scangauge.net. They have a shop on ebay, the only annoying thing is that it keeps turning itself off. They scan tool works it detected and cleared a fault on the buddys WRX.
[/quote]

If you are getting at that price I would rip his arm off, but i think its 165 euro, I had a big post on scooby net on this, did have one here but no-one was interested.

On some other makes of cars you can add on more gauges, You just have to enter codes and let the scan do the rest, but sadly as Sti says no oil pressure or temp.

Back