Additional lanes on the M50 to be opened this weekend

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
Gentlemen

Just thought I would brighted up the lives of all the commuters in Dublin that use the M50 on a daily basis:
Below is an extract taken from www.M50.ie
As the Traffic Safety Control Officer on the M50 I would ask that everyone is careful and remembers even tho the speed limit has changed to 100Kmh were the Traffic management has been removed there will still be workers on the road.

Please be advised that during the weekend of 29th to 31st January M50 Concession Ltd will remove the current traffic management from the M50 mainline carriageway between J3 M1 and J6 N3. The works to open up the full mainline carriageway will take place in three phases over Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, and as of 06:00hrs on Monday 1st February the auxiliary lane and hardshouder between J3 M1 and J6 N3 will be open to the travelling public.

The three phases will be:

Friday 29th (works complete and open to public at 06:00 Saturday)

Northbound: Second lane to open on M50 NB to M1 SB free flow slip road. All lanes from J4 Ballmun to J3 M1 will be open.

Southbound: Hardshoulder and Auxiliary Lane from J5 N2 to J6 N3 will be open.

Saturday 30th (works complete and open to public at 06:00 Sunday)

Northbound: All lanes from J5 N2 to J4 Ballymun will be open

Southbound: All lanes from J4 Ballymun to J5 N2 will be open

Sunday 31st (works complete and open to public at 06:00 Monday)

Northbound: All lanes from north side of J6 N3 to J5 N2 will be open

Southbound: All lanes from J3 M1 to J4 Ballymun will be open.

Traffic management will remain in place on J3 M1 interchange, J4 Ballymun interchange, J5 N2 interchange, J6 N3 interchange and M1 mainline until works are complete in these areas.

thats gr8 news hammie now all we need is some driver management for all the gobshite's who dont know which lane's there supposed to be travelling in..

Unfortunately gretts thats a garda enforcement issue! I will however be speaking to the road safety authority and national roads authority about the possibility of them running a campaign to teach numpties what the correct way to drive on a motorway is!

Drivers in this country havent a clue because the M50 and the N7 are the only roads in the country with 3 or more lanes on each!

[quote author=Gretts. link=topic=20883.msg253981#msg253981 date=1264842714]
thats gr8 news hammie now all we need is some driver management for all the gobshite's who dont know which lane's there supposed to be travelling in..
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better! It wouldn't matter if there was 10 lanes wide there's always a few cabbages in the outside lane :wall:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=20883.msg254026#msg254026 date=1264858651]
Why did they reduce the speed limit to 100kmh? makes no sense
[/quote]

Yeah, totally agree. It was 120Kmh when it was 2 lanes, widen it to 4 lanes and now its 100Kmh :cuckoo:

Its probably like in some European countries they lower the speed limit to reduce emissions :icon_rolleyes:

speed limit aint the problem imo , its the auld farts in micra's and taxi's that sit in the middle lane doin 60km/h that gets my back up , should be on the spot fine for sitting in the middle or outside lane for no reason and also for the bmw drivers that think its clever to dive accross 3 lanes of traffic at last second for their exit . or maybe just arrest them either .

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=20883.msg254036#msg254036 date=1264863395]
speed limit aint the problem imo , its the auld farts in micra's and taxi's that sit in the middle lane doin 60km/h that gets my back up , should be on the spot fine for sitting in the middle or outside lane for no reason and also for the bmw drivers that think its clever to dive accross 3 lanes of traffic at last second for their exit . or maybe just arrest them either .
[/quote]

Well said Tommy :clap:

Back